Sacred 2 Combat arts on horses

Hello there people!

I'm currently playing as SW and want to fight on horseback but since it's a regular horse, we can use only Horse Combat Arts. But, there is line under Riding skill which says "Additionally, special abilities may be unlocked." is that mean after a certain level can I use SW's combat arts? If not, what kind of special abilities can we get?

Thank you :)

• Like! 1

Been a while since I've played but while on Horse your Combat Arts are limited to only the horse ones. The best way to go is to get your character's special mount, which will allow you to use all of your Combat Arts while mounted. Not sure if that answers your question but the link below is from the wiki - all about the mounts...hopefully should explain everything you need

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Mounts

Hello there people!

I'm currently playing as SW and want to fight on horseback but since it's a regular horse, we can use only Horse Combat Arts. But, there is line under Riding skill which says "Additionally, special abilities may be unlocked." is that mean after a certain level can I use SW's combat arts? If not, what kind of special abilities can we get?

Thank you :)

Hi Pilapis, and welcome to DarkMatters!

Knuckles is right about the Horses in Sacred 2 only getting to use their on CA... guess they had to hold off on the good stuff for the toons class special mounts only... an evolution or frustration perhaps?

I found another page on the wiki for horses and their specific CA's here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Horse

And as well, if you go down to the bottom of the page, you'll see mention of a kind of fun speed bonus given on MASTER of run speed...interesting I didnt know I could do this... thaks for this heads up ^^

Here's a quote from the page from the bottom:

Different horses will give bonuses to different types of defensive skills, with all of them increasing your hitpoints. You can also get each type in a variety of different colors ranging from black to chestnut to pinto and even with different face/leg markings.

The horse type and level determines the level of their Combat Arts. Higher level Combat Arts have lower cooldown. Charger has the highest level Combat Arts, followed by Gait Horse, Saddle Horse and Racer which has the lowest level arts (and the longest cooldown).

All horses move at the same speed. Note that the Run Speed bonus is not actually working for mounts, so horses that offer more Run Speed do not make you move faster. This bonus would apply if you were not mounted, but since you are mounted it doesn't. To move faster while mounted, you need to master the Riding skill, which will give you the "Run Speed while mounted" bonus. High horse level does not give you a speed penalty, but the mount has its level lowered next time you load a game or sell the mount (this is not affected by Riding).

Thank you guys. Looks like I'm stuck with HCA :( I don't want to use SW's unique mount because it looks anything but horse :D I just want to try a Knight :/

Btw, since DM's unique mount is kinda horse, I can give a try but there is a problem which you might help; is getting Sword lore + Shield lore as DM any good or wasting skills?

Thank you again :)

• Like! 1

What you're doing is something called a left click build if you run it from a horse. It can work, but you have to be clever with your skill choices, Alchemy is absolutely integral to a build of this sort...I remember running a knight/left click build for a SW a year back, Ill see if I can find it... ultimately though, it got a bit boring...bonk bonk bonk with the only poles that can do MH kind of took a lot of the fun of the game for me.

:)

gogo

Hi and a happy new year

Dragon Mage draconion rider:

Pure weapon damage is too low the further you go. You should probably considering playing a dragon mage hybrid style. Use weapon hits to recharge your spells. A one hand staff and shield combination looks nice if combined with a combat art where the horse=draconion rears up when casting. You shouldn't take a weapon skill for a dragon mage build. And there is only one reason for shield lore: the very very rare kyra's shield. If you don't have it , don't take shield lore.

Shadow Warrior rider

A shadow warrior horse rider is a bit on the strange side: horse Combat Arts are spells !!

I did a write up about a horse dryad:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/12232-the-art-of-character-design-volume-1-the-horse-dryad/

It dates from 2009!! So Regeneration Per Hit was not working at the time of the writeup. But most of the problems are still valid. I can't really say if Reg Per Hit is a game changer for a horse character. I think it is cooldown and not regeneration on most horse powers.

Do your own experiments and most important have fun testing out, perhaps you find a way to make it playable. I will never say which characters are not playable in sacred 2. I have some niobium weaponless Dryads and Shadow Warriors. My first character in Sacred 2 was a polearm High elf at a time when everyone said not playable. What I never tested for example are the elixiers from CM-patch used from horse back. They can have area effects and the are quite fast attacks.

Dragon Mage

I said staff and shield mainly because Nlovae staff and this frosty shield both have +combat art range modifiers. I think newest CM-patch has some clubs with +ca-range. All what counts are the weapon hits to recharge the spells. With alchemy you can speed up weapon attacks and hit chance at tough fights - and its great to have heal potions which really do full heals and mentors lasting minutes.

I put a video with a DM Mentalist optimized to max ca-range somewhere, found it, was in this thread:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/20875-hard-core-pure-mentalist/