About farming Orc Cave

Hey guys! Just signed up here!

I am actually playing Sacred 2 on PS3 (I'm a trophy hunter, along with my girlfriend) and we are having a blast playing this game.

We are currently playing a BFG Seraphim and we are almost done with the Silver Campaign. We are Level 41 with our Seraphiim and we are looking for some better loots. Google forwarded me here, on these forums, with a very nice thread "Orc Cave Guide".

I have farmed a good 30mins/1hour with my girlfriend yesterday, and we didn't come up with a single good loot. What I mean by "good" loot, is any loot that would replace our actual gear. No set items, no nothing!

We have a ~79% survival bonus (haven't died yet since we started Bronze with that toon).

Is there any other way I could get better loot? Is it possible to buy stuff to get more chance of finding items?

I am very much confused by this game, it has a lot of concepts/mechanism that I am still not familiar with.

Thank you very much for your help!

• Like! 1

Welcome aboard!

Orc Cave is a good place if you're just farming experience I suppose.

For better items, drop chance for unique and set pieces goes up with each quest you solve. Bosses also have a better chance to drop some unique and set items. So, solving quests and farming bosses is the best way to get better items.

There's also the skills "Enhanced Perception" and "Bargaining." I prefer the former.

Edited by Flix

Well, Flix is arguably one of, if not the best, of ones who to ask if you have such a specific game query. I have never played anything but the PC version and Sacred 2 Gold is epic. My advice is only to add to the suggestions of Flix by offering that you make a search or more with key words in the forums to get a vast array of fresh ideas. Welcome to you and your girlfriend. Playing such a game is a great way to be together and another fine manner in which to stay that way. Have fun!

For better items, drop chance for unique and set pieces goes up with each quest you solve.

also the chance for better items as loot for the quest is rising with every quest. but the counter will be reset by leaving the game, so with every start it will be at 0.

the best chance for "epic loot" are by killing the four end bosses. also the dragons have got a good loot range. at the end the "epic hammer of doom" could also drop from a rat! ;) it is totally random...

• Like! 1

Hey guys! Just signed up here!

I am actually playing Sacred 2 on PS3 (I'm a trophy hunter, along with my girlfriend) and we are having a blast playing this game.

We are currently playing a BFG Seraphim and we are almost done with the Silver Campaign. We are Level 41 with our Seraphiim and we are looking for some better loots. Google forwarded me here, on these forums, with a very nice thread "Orc Cave Guide".

I have farmed a good 30mins/1hour with my girlfriend yesterday, and we didn't come up with a single good loot. What I mean by "good" loot, is any loot that would replace our actual gear. No set items, no nothing!

We have a ~79% survival bonus (haven't died yet since we started Bronze with that toon).

Is there any other way I could get better loot? Is it possible to buy stuff to get more chance of finding items?

I am very much confused by this game, it has a lot of concepts/mechanism that I am still not familiar with.

Thank you very much for your help!

Welcome to DarkMatters Dan!

lol the orc cave...I remember when, during the game had been released, all the excitement throughout the communities as people just kept pillage that tasty little spot. In fact, one of the great guide writers here on this forum created an exquisitely detailed guide with pix, trix and a video showing how to do this as a champ.

A guide to the Orc Cave - your easy way to a ton of XP and drops!

Enjoy!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

In fact, one of the great guide writers here on this forum created an exquisitely detailed guide with pix, trix and a video showing how to do this as a champ.

A guide to the Orc Cave - your easy way to a ton of XP and drops!

Enjoy!

:)

gogo

I believe that's the guide he found which lead to him trying to farm the orc cave.

Some of the suggestions above should provide some tips though for alternate methods in your quest for decent loot, hopefully you are able to make some use of them.

So basically, the more quest solved, the greater your drop rate for better loot is increased?

I did the Bronze campaign with about 250 quests completed and now I am almost done with my Silver playthrough. Is it possible to return tu my Bronze campaign to farm for better loot, and then, finish my Silver playthrough?

So basically, the more quest solved, the greater your drop rate for better loot is increased?

I did the Bronze campaign with about 250 quests completed and now I am almost done with my Silver playthrough. Is it possible to return tu my Bronze campaign to farm for better loot, and then, finish my Silver playthrough?

The items dropped in the Silver level are better than the Bronze, as at each level the items are more powerful with increasing damage or protection attributes and with increasing modifier amounts. You may (at least in the PC version I am sure) go back to any completed level. You may, in the PC version, begin the game as high as the Silver level. So yes, you should be able to go back to Bronze but the loot will not be better than the same items from the Silver level. You may also go back to the Bronze level and bring a mount with you to another level so long as it's one that you have completed the level before, with the exception of the Bronze level, of course..So, you have to complete Silver before Gold, etc.

Unfortunately, this may only apply to PC (not to the console versions), or if it does exist, may be bugged in the console version. There are a number of calculation bugs which makes high end loot a little harder to come by on the console version, as mentioned by lujate. For example, the bonus to your "chance to find valuables" from having 100% of the map revealed is not ~+25% like it is in the PC version, but instead ~+2.5%. I've been playing the PS3 version since release and have never had a 4-star item drop (except for those which are quest rewards).

Your best options to increasing the drop rate are Survival Bonus, Chance to Find Valuables and Enhanced Perception.

In regards to the Orc Cave: You'll need to farm for more than 30 mins to an hour to find loot which are potential upgrades. I'll usually see a few good (2 or 3 star) drops in a 2+ hour farming session, but it's not often that the particular piece will be better than my existing gear across any of my 10 characters. However, if you're using 3-star items, you're more likely to find an upgrade much more easily (a higher level version of the same piece).

Edited by Mystix123
  • Like! 1

I finally decided to farm The White Griffin to get my "Complete Set" trophy of PS3.

He drops quite good gear too. However, I have almost completed (1 piece remaining) 4 sets and can't get the final part!

I farmed for about 5hours yesterday. It's a good way to go, I guess, and I found a few "Chance to Find Valuables" items, and I have a 82% Survival Bonus.

• Like! 1