Dwarf: Greed Rune

The Dwarf class greed rune doesn't seem to do much. Most of my drops are still regular ones. How many runes do I need to consume before I start getting rare/unique/set items? Thanks.

• Like! 1

From memory you want to pump it as high as you can and keep it running as often as you can. You should also note that since most things you kill only have a very low chance to drop a set or unique item, so while increasing the drop chance by even 100% means you will find them twice as often, that may mean 2 per hour as opposed to 1 per hour. There are some areas where drop rates are higher e.g. the area with all the Sakkara demons in the underworld expansion area and if you keep wiping that area you should see much higher quantities of items.

Sorry if my examples are a little vague, it's been quite a while since playing Sacred / Underworld.

• Like! 1

It definitely does work, but as you say, early on (lower skill levels) the reward isn't as noticeable. Keep pumping runes into it (whilst managing CA regen times as necessary) and eventually you'll see some impact.

So the Greed ability is very useful since it really helps with finding all these rare items. The problem is, as Dragon Brother already mentioned, that base chance for finding a rare item is rather low. Actually, I always valued 2 other statistics above the one provided with Greed, that is Survival Bonus and just raw amount of mobs killed. I don't think it's effective to just walk around and look for "champion" mobs or even take a really long walk just to kill a dragon. The way to gather as many rare items as possible is to kill as many monsters as possible. So now you want to find a spot where you can kill a lot of mobs, turn on your Greed (it should be Greed, then War Cry, not the other way, and you need War Cry because of the defense decrease) and farm, farm, farm... Also, keep in mind that you defiitely don't want to die to have your Survival Bonus on highest %.

Later on, you will be leaving most of the rare stuff on the ground just because you will not have free space in your chest and backpack :D

Good luck. :)

• Like! 1