Trading skill: How much better is item quality?

If you invest in trading, you apparently get better items from the traders. How high does the armour and weapon quality on offer from the traders go? Can you get set items and uniques?

Best and quickest way to see difference is to, for first two or three levels take trading and max it... I forget how many levels now...but as soon as you have max points in trading even at that low, you'll instantly start seeing loads of yellows in the stores, which can run you up through levels 15-20 no sweat

Trading's fun, specially at low levels below twenty when it's easy to force a high yield from it

:)

gogo

Dont forget at beginning usually round level one or two to make your "trading suit" ... equipment with multiple slots... buy this quickly...then fill with Plus one trading ... max this out with your points for level two, and use this trading toon to buy for all your other toons to give them a quick boost to higher levels

The damage is astounding, and seeing nothing but yellows in the store is fun

gogo

Indirect:

You can't get sets and uniques from trading. But you can get them as quest rewards. The rewards get better if you have bargaining at mastery.

If I don't plan a bargainer as a member of a bargaining chain I normally stop putting point into bargaining once reaching mastery.

Bargaining chain, is like having different bargainers parked at level 1,15,30,45, 60, ...

You use the first to equip a character with some starting gear, the level 15 one is buying stuff to socket the first sets you find around level 15, ....

• Like! 1

Bargaining chain?

what Chattius is talking about was pretty popular with players when the game first came out, I remember the first toon Schot created was a shopper which he placed at a low level to service more toons... big thread about building your shoppers network here

Shopping network, putting permanent bargainers in place

gogo

I was waiting for someone to figure it out.

I've found at lower levels trading is less effective than in Sacred 2 - just my opinion - maybe I hadn't shopped for long enough at lower levels. It seems for me to kick in around level 50, 60.

Amulets with trading have a certain wafer like look. It's hard to explain but you'll notice a pattern. Rings with +skills can have any appearance.

The items on offer from a merchant change when you visit another merchant so Porto Vallum there's a quest to rescue a merchant in a nearby cave and at Braverock there's aquest when completed that gives you a 2nd merchant that stands next to another one. When you go between them they have new reset items.

Sacredwiki should have the locations if you are stuck.

You can't buy uniques or set items. Nor get green sockets.

Rings and amulets are what you want - esp. with +Combat art. Try get chest pieces with 4 sockets for your trading suit. At Silver the max +trading you can get is +3. You can if you are real lucky get +skills and +trading on same amulet.

There are some items like a single handed staff with 4 sockets and + %magic damage for a battle mage that beat set items.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Augmint
  • Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...