Explanation of shopping in Sacred 2?

Hey guys,

I'm back again from the depths. Most of you probably don't remember me but I pop up around here once in awhile... I always find myself coming back for the good information and conversation!

I was hoping I could get a basic explanation of how shoppers work. I understand you want a character with high bargaining to purchase good gear for you, but there are some finer points I'd like to be clearer on. One is, do you need a shopper for each character? So, for example, if I have a Shadow Warrior, should I make a separate Shadow Warrior that is also a shopper, and do the same for each class? Or will one single shopper be able to purchase all items for all classes?

Also, are there are any tips or tricks to shopping? Is it as easy as just making a shopper and hunting down good deals, or is there a bit of a finesse to it? Any insight is greatly appreciated as always.

• Like! 1

Hi Matt, and welcome back from the depths!

This is probably one of the meatiest questions out there... this game is about loot after all, and shopping's pretty much the built in way to game it.

Here's a good thread where a lot of us put some input into creating the shopping networks we put in place ...maybe this will help you with more questions?

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/10119-shopping-network-putting-permanent-bargainers-in-place/

A trick that works well, at least in beginning is to put all your points into shopping for first two or three levels then shop a shopping suit with full sockets.. place a bunch of plus on all skills in it, and see all the wares shopped for go yellow.

The items you get r good enough to get you up to level 25 purely on that alone

:)

gogo

I'm no shopping expert, but I can say that since armor is class-specific, and the appearance of certain items in merchants' inventories is "weighted" towards the character class that visits them, it would be better to have a shopper character that is the same class as the desired item. For example, looking for rare Seraphim wings will be much easier with a Seraphim shopper.

On the other hand, weapons and jewelry will be more general and can be found with any character.

Thanks Flix, that's basically what I had assumed was the case. So I guess then, it would be worth just making a duplicate of each class and leveling them alongside my main so that the main character always has a shopper within level range? That would get rather tedious methinks, but if that's what it takes I'll do it, lol.

• Like! 1

That would get rather tedious methinks, but if that's what it takes I'll do it, lol.

I mean, you could just give the character you're playing with the Bargaining skill (call me crazy :laugh: ). It's unlikely it will cripple your build.

Even better would be Enhanced Perception, which can yield uniques and sets whereas Bargaining can't. It's partly just my play-style preference though. I'd rather be slaying than shopping. :viking:

Thanks Flix, that's basically what I had assumed was the case. So I guess then, it would be worth just making a duplicate of each class and leveling them alongside my main so that the main character always has a shopper within level range? That would get rather tedious methinks, but if that's what it takes I'll do it, lol.

that's kind of what I used to do... play with another toon alongside my main one in HC... at least while I had the patience for this...the trader would run along at around twenty levels ahead of my main toon... The trader was decked for trading, and couldnt take a lot of hits after making it to niobium though...I had to leave her parked there, and my main toon overshot her and kept moving forward as I hadn't had to "sacrifice" any of her slots to trading that would have weakened her.

As well, that trading toon was a toon who's build didn't work out... dryad's not the best at all toon for taking trading because of it's skills set up... I think the best one is Temple Guardian?

Tricky to play though

:P

gogo