All time scary films?

erialc

Ok after GoGo's excellent film threads and phobia's I thought about whats THE one film that really makes me sooo scared, as in hate being alone if it's on tv and I am stupid enough to watch it again!.( ok, I mean watch even a minute of it)..you know just to see if I am still as scared by it!

It has to be...The Exorcist

OMG that film...there are few things that can make me jump the way that film does...and I have seen it so many times it really shouldn't scare me. :yikes:

I got a link from a friend a while ago, you know one of those puzzles...get to level 3...hahah get to level 3 and whatdya know...with full sound is Linda Blair leaping out of my screen tongue waggling and looking all bad...OMG I swear I left my chair....my neighbours probably thought I was being murdered. I really screamed and I was shaking after it. I can see the funny side though but damn...there just something about it.

So come on peeps whats your one time scariest filum?

I would have to go with the Japanese release of 'The Ring' titled 'Ringu'. When I first seen that I was holding on to my chair I was so scared. Films don't normally scare me, but this was a geniune fightfest!

If you haven't seen the Japanese version of this film, I recommend you go out and get it. It blows the remake away hands down!

Great topic can't wait to see what other people post!

Adam 15_8_200v[1].gif

Guest gogoblender

Super topic!

I love horror movies. They make me think and wonder about what it is REALLY that's gettin me goin.

Erialc I whole heartedly concur with you...the original exorcist is an incredible image of tone.

The bedrooms scenes where we first enter into the bedroom and see what the entity has transformed this poor child into are absolutly fantastic.

The hoary, frosty breath from the frightened priest.

The first time we hear the demon speak.

The incredible music by...I think..Jean michel jaree or something?

All of it...beautifully put together.

Actually, I really can't think of one moment the movie let me down.

The acting was absolutley convincing. I truly felt at times that I was actually IN that bedroom by the side of the priest hoping, PRAYING that the next attempt to exorcise the daemon would work.

So...yeah I'm gonna give my vote to the Exorcist.

Brilliant story line, written by Mister William Peter Blatty.

And Impietas...VERY good take you have on this with the japanese film Ringu. I'd actually venture forth that right now there is noone else out there that is making horror films of incredible calibre that don't only rest on the laurels of special effects but have depth.

It's that depth of this new slew of films that makes us really terrified...no, it's actually more than that.

Let's call it dread.

Glimpses of dead people.

Great photography.

All trademarks of films that peel back the veneer we're so careful to keep upon our lives and built-up defences and beckon us to voyage forth to the darkest and most dreadful places that, as the watermark of good films...we take with us to our bed...

late at night.

:)

gogo

Wow, as soon as I read the topic title I thought that nothing had ever scared me as much as watching Ringu. The crazy sound that happens when she appears makes me cringe!

yea, the exorcist was good one. another one from those old times was The Omen. somehow they are not making too much good horro movies anymore - they are killing idea with all those spec. efectts (usually its silly, but looks good). I remember lots of good movies from russia ( they wasnt as horror movies), but because of lack of technology they substitute it with acting and right kind of music

Guest gogoblender

Qintukas that is so interesting...

I've NEVER heard of a russian horror movie before!

It would be awesome if you could open up a new thread in this section and give us some links...now I'm too curious!

gogo

like I told before - they are not typical horror movies, it was more like mystery movies, but it was that fieling that somebody is watching you. it wasnt too much of those, I just remember lots of movies about sherlock holms, but it was very diferent from those holiwood movies

'The Ring' is one of the scariest movies I've seen. Saw it alone and late at night. *Shudders* (Haven't seen the Japanese version though).

'The Exorcist' was really scary to.

Someone told me that 'Salems Lot' was the scariest movie ever, but I haven't seen it yet.

Guest gogoblender

Toret!

Hey you...great seeing you here!

Woot!

I"m glad you were able to track us down, heh.

I've left links in almost all my sigs in the forums I frequent and was hoping peeps would be able to trail us all to the new digs.

Hope you like em!

And:

I LOVED Salem's lot!

It's verY cool. And the interpretation of Stephen King's Straker is absolutely, wonderfully, frightening!

There is simply very little out there that can match the intensity of the Test of Faith between Vampire and Priest.

gogo

Hey Toret..Welcome.....yayyyy Glad you came here...hope you have loads of fun :)

Oh I couldn't watch 28 days later all the way through...I was on my own and it scared me too much...boo had to go to bed with all the lights on. Salems lot was a great film!...Scary book too!...I daren't watch Ring original or not...well not unless I have a houseful of peeps to hide behind lol

Guest gogoblender

Ring had BEAUTIFUL photography. The new japanese ideas which were just coming to become available to the general public were...ARE simply wonderfully frightening!

gogo

Another one I remember from when I was a teen was 'The Hills Have Eyes'...can't remember much of it except this scary floaty bloke who scraped his finger nails down windows whilst he floated about menacingly.....ewww....*runs off to check allt he blinds are drawn*

The Hills Have Eyes

I pretty much find any scary film all the more scary if it makes me jump...and I jump outta my skin (no, not literally :shocked: ) waaay to easily.

Poltergiest that was another one that I was totally scared by...the little woman excorcist or whatever she was and the static hiss of the TV ewwww...I'm scarin myself now lol

Does anyone else find though that with scary films it's kind of like you really want to be scared ? That adrenaline rush when you leap off your seat or hide behind a cushion?

Ahh Gintukas...that has to be one of THE best ever films...Jack is amazing in that...I love the scene at theOverLook Bar...when the bloke is offering him a drink and tells him his money is no good there...hahaha...despite the scariness of that film...Red Rum...Red Rum... :o ..thats one I can watch over n over again :)

OOh thats a scary filum!....poor ickle pets!.....hahaha and brings to mind that vile Chuckie film!...was it a doll that went around like robotic killing thing or a demonic toddler?..Duh Duh Duh...it's behind the sofa with a knife bigger than itself....... :o

Turns all the lights on and goes to bed LOL

Definitely Poltergiest for me. Wow! What an amazingly freakish end! The spider like ghoul, the pool of dead.

OMG! Could you imagine falling into a mud filled, under construction, pool and as you struggle to get out grotesgue corpses begin floating to the surface. Believing all the while that at any moment any or ALL of them might moan and grasp at you! YIKES! Then there was the clown, the tree and the magots. Ooooh do you remember the magots?!

That is/was the #1 most horrific scene I do believe I ever watched. Would you guys like me to explain what happened?

Now that I'm thinking of it I do believe Poltergiest is the #1 horror movie on my chart and probably always will be. Was never ever cheesy and the imagination that went into it was incredible.

Oh Schot....I'm so glad it's daylight...you mentioned clowns!! I hate them...evil nasty things...maybe I should put this in the phobia bit....Steven King's IT...OMG the book was bad enough...but the film...ewwww...I get goose bumps thinking about it :o.....

'They alll float down here'

Hides behind the sofa!

Greetings erialc!

The Exorcist was scary but nowhere near as terrifying as all those revolting Ewoks running around the woods in the Star Wars movie! :sw:

Imagine the horror of a quiet stroll though the bluebells being ruined by mobs of oversize Yorkshire terriers with neolithic weapons & attitude.... :crazy: not a nice experience...

Personally I'd like to put on my ninja gear :ninja:, hide in wait and :shuriken: the lot of 'em heh heh you don't know the power of the dark side.....

Hahaha Xenomorph you are soooooo evol! Thats a very very scary thought! :o

Ankle biters with weapons! :o

And....yayyy Welcome to the forum I am so glad you made it :) Can't wait to see your upcoming posts;)

• 3 months later...

:)I'd have to say Saw and Saw II amazing movies... full of terror, suspense, a little gore,thoughtfulness, and twists and turns. Gotta love em!! Gotta have em!

The ones u guys listed were great as well. Dont know if I ever got scared of the Exorcist, although I loved that movie... I will say that when I was younf I saw a commercial for Poltergeist, with the little girl and she put down the phone and said "they're heeeerrreeee" I always repeated it, having no idea what I was talking about, and when I got a little, I watched it and was terrified.. Havent seen it since, although I should soon,

and then there were Tremors that was badd A$$ and wasnt there that movie about all the cats... it wasnt called cats but Icant remember.. And Arachniphobia... man these are all old school but they had the best taste!! :o /shok

Guest gogoblender

Arachnophobia

man, that was a reeeel creepy one

Can you tell I hate spiders?

good mention there

my scariest right now are SEven (real old school)

and....

Wolf creek

hahah, I know yer gonna hit me over the head fer that one surfsgirl, but...somethin about it....

was too dreadful fer me to watch after the first half.

I jsut can't stand seein sufferin me thinks.

And when it's done in a kind of style that makes it look like a kind of documentary...

I'm outta there

gogo

My all time scariest movie would have to be Candyman...but I dont know if it would still be scary now....

I just remember watching it when I was 14 with a buunch of teenage girls....I was freaked out for days.... /shok

As for recent scary movies, Saw was a bit much for me :)

I am still working up the courage to watch Wolf Creek, Ari has it but for some reason I just keep putting off borrowing it...... /oooo

I have to say my scariest movie was The Blair Witch Project. I can remember the campaign around it when you could read every were that the movie tapes were real. Then you go and watch it and you come out pale.

And I can't forget the good old 1968 ROSEMARY'S BABY

/diablo /diablo /diablo /diablo /diablo /diablo /diablo /diablo /diablo