How does loot work in Sacred 2?

Hey guys,

How does the loot system in Sacred 2 work? Do different enemies have higher chances of dropping a particular item, or does every enemy have the same chance to drop certain things? For example, in Diablo 2, one particular enemy would have a higher chance of dropping X item, and another enemy would have a higher chance of dropping another. Is this the same for Sacred 2, or do I have the same chance of finding, say, a set piece from a Kobold as I do a Grizzly Bear? Thanks for your input.

I don't know all the details, but here are some stray observations:

• Champion and boss enemies have better drops generally.
  • All creatures have a "dangerclass" attribute assigned in their scripts which I believe increases their drop quality. Rats and wild animals generally have the lowest danger class. Bosses are at the other end of the spectrum. It's more or less intuitive.
  • Legendaries only seem to drop from bosses.
  • Sets can drop from most any enemy type. But bosses and normal/elite enemies have their own lists that they like to draw from. Bosses seem to love the "mini-sets" while the full sets (aspect sets) tend to drop from normal enemies.
  • As you can see, drop quality and drop type seems to be more tied to enemy tier and not enemy type. A human archer and a goblin archer aren't going to have significantly different drops.
  • The main drops tied to enemy type are Trophies and Shrunken Heads.
  • Ghosts and Energy-class enemies LOVE to drop jewelry, including normal, uniques, and sets. Farm ghosts if you want rings or amulets.

Thanks Flix. Based on what you've said, it looks like the loot system is actually pretty good. The tiers make sense, and personally if I was going to design such a system that's probably the way I would do it too. However, if it's true that ghost/energy enemies drop jewelry more consistently, perhaps it's possible that other enemies types have slightly increased drops based on their race as well? I guess it would be hard to know for sure.