Can't open the CM patch to install Sacred 2 Gold with Windows 10

Hi Guys....I am using Windows 10 and am using the GOG.com version of Sacred 2 Gold. I have downloaded the file twice, but when I try to open the file, Windows says the "file is invalid"...Any ideas on this. I have used the patch on a previous version of Windows with my GOG version of Sacred 2 and all worked fine. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Guys....I am using Windows 10 and am using the GOG.com version of Sacred 2 Gold. I have downloaded the file twice, but when I try to open the file, Windows says the "file is invalid"...Any ideas on this. I have used the patch on a previous version of Windows with my GOG version of Sacred 2 and all worked fine. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Shane

I'm sorry, but I dont have the version of this game via steam, but maybe someone else who has run the game the same way as you will see your post and be able to help :)

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

I have Sacred 2 Gold (from Steam) and Win 10....I just downloaded and installed the CM patch without issue and game seems to run ok

I did read this if the patch failed to install:

The Patcher threw an error, what should I do now?

If the Patcher threw a file error during the patch process, it means the reported scriptfiles are for some reason changed. I made an s2reset tool to reset all files altered by the cm-patch to the state of Ice & Blood version 2.65.x.
Please don't try this on a Sacred 2 Classic installation (without Ice & Blood). For technical reasons it will run and mess up your files!
You can download it here: S2Reset Tool (Rapidshare) 140MB

Maybe try that....if not ummm....again not technical..I would disable any malware/firewalls you have...maybe stop any other background programs...and if that failed would completely uninstall everything (make sure your character saves are in a safe place) and if you are handy around a pc I would go through the registry and delete all references to Sacred 2 or CM Patch

• Like! 1

I have Sacred 2 Gold (from Steam) and Win 10....I just downloaded and installed the CM patch without issue and game seems to run ok

I did read this if the patch failed to install:

The Patcher threw an error, what should I do now?

If the Patcher threw a file error during the patch process, it means the reported scriptfiles are for some reason changed. I made an s2reset tool to reset all files altered by the cm-patch to the state of Ice & Blood version 2.65.x.

Please don't try this on a Sacred 2 Classic installation (without Ice & Blood). For technical reasons it will run and mess up your files!

You can download it here: S2Reset Tool (Rapidshare) 140MB

Maybe try that....if not ummm....again not technical..I would disable any malware/firewalls you have...maybe stop any other background programs...and if that failed would completely uninstall everything (make sure your character saves are in a safe place) and if you are handy around a pc I would go through the registry and delete all references to Sacred 2 or CM Patch

that's awesome Knuckle, thanks for helping out!

:)

gogo

• 7 months later...