The many explorable places of Sacred 2

One thing that always stood out to me about this game is how open it is. I have honestly never seen a game that had so many types of places and structures that you could explore. Sure, you have your normal set of forests, caves, mountains, jungles and the like, but what really makes this game shine in the exploration department is the player's ability to actually go inside places and poke around. In most games, if you see some kind of house or village or castle, it's either a backdrop or some non-interactive piece of the environment.

There might be the occasional shop or something that you can go into, but really, other than a few games which come to mind like The Elder Scrolls, I can't think of almost any game that actually lets you explore almost everything that you see. I think exploring is what separates this game from the rest of its crowd. Any game can do swords hacking away at demons, but not every game can do that simultaneously provide you with a massive world to see.

I have stumbled upon little abandoned shacks and houses in the vast wilderness a countless number of times, and it's cool to just go in and check things out, look for some potions or gold, and maybe even sit there for awhile and assign stat points. I even have a few places throughout the world map which I consider to be my in-game home and I'll visit there when I'm in the area, just to take in the beauty and park my toon while I make some food or something.

Does anyone else enjoy the exploration aspect as much as I do? What are some cool things you've discovered while exploring, and what about exploring do you enjoy the most? I'd also love to know if anyone else has their own personal little places that they like to hang out or visit in the game.

Edited by GreenMagic469
  • Like! 1