[REL] Diablo 2 Fallen

Flix

• 2 months later...

Hello !

Just discovered the mod yesterday, and I think It is awesome !

I played 3 jours straight, with no crashs.

But, today it crashes like crazy.

I've reinstalled, put the CM 1.60 hotfix version, put the mod again, and then the game usually crashes around 2min after entering the world. Never used the F7 key so much ^^

I'm using win10 64bits, tried every option possible I found on the internet, nothing works.

Has anyone any ideas why this behavior occurs?

win10 64bits, up to date gaming rig, I'm in the orcish territory with a necro, and the more I progress in the story the more it crashes frequently.

I maye have noticed this: this morning, the music froze 3 times, and had to kill the game in the task manager. I don't know if this is linked, but then I have CTD over and over.

Thank you !

• Appreciation 1

Don't know how to edit my last post, so here's an update.

I bought the game agin on GOG, in case of the game was more stable, reinstalled everything, and yes, the crash every 2-10 min has stopped.

But I have seen a pattern in the crashs: it will crash when you try to sell certain items through the bag (I tried with a gold amulet I owned, it crashed everytime I tried to sell it with the bag, but didn't crash when selling it to a merchant.

Apart from this, I only experience some crashes here and there, around 1h gameplay. And sometimes random crashes with no pattern I can recognize.

Great mod btw !

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, Zeikfried said:

Don't know how to edit my last post, so here's an update.

I bought the game agin on GOG, in case of the game was more stable, reinstalled everything, and yes, the crash every 2-10 min has stopped.

But I have seen a pattern in the crashs: it will crash when you try to sell certain items through the bag (I tried with a gold amulet I owned, it crashed everytime I tried to sell it with the bag, but didn't crash when selling it to a merchant.

Apart from this, I only experience some crashes here and there, around 1h gameplay. And sometimes random crashes with no pattern I can recognize.

Great mod btw !

Hello, thanks for trying the mod!  I don't think there's anything in the mod that would cause crashes like you've described.  I also play GOG version.  I will try to make a list of issues that people report, so I can look into them if I release another version.

• Like! 1
11 hours ago, Flix said:

Hello, thanks for trying the mod!  I don't think there's anything in the mod that would cause crashes like you've described.  I also play GOG version.  I will try to make a list of issues that people report, so I can look into them if I release another version.

Hello Flix, thx for the answer :) I don't know if this is related to your mod, or the community patch, I haven't tried to play the game without the two. I suppose my game was crashing like crazy because I made a lot of manip into the files, trying everything I found on the internet to stop this behavior.

Eventually, I made a new clean install, deleted everything related to sacred 2 in folders and registry, applied the community patch, the mod manager and enabling the mod, and the game is much more stable now.

Crashes occur around 1H of play, but there is this special crash that I think anyone can replicate: trying to sell certain gold (amulet, sword, mace, doesn't matter) items via the bag, not to a merchant, will make the game crash everytime. I don't know what is causing this.

For the music freeze, I'm not 100% sure, but it often appeared when using the Revive skill, you can still play, but the music just loops 2 sec of the same sequence. Had to kill the game in the task manager, as it won't exit by itself. I'm not sure what is the cause, maybe too many sound effects at the same time. With my first necro, I went for quantity of minions, and then the crashes begun. For my 2nd play with another necro, I went with quality (only 2 skels and 2 mage skels) and I only had once the 2sec music loop freeze.

Really enjoying playing the Druid but there is only one problem: Hurricane makes the game stutter badly for some reason. No other char/skill does that, even if I have multiple Tornadoes and Twisters on the field.

So is it possible to "simplify" or remove gfx of Hurricane?

Edit: I mean can I remove it myself somehow? I have edited a lot of those scripts but never touched anything related to graphics.

Edited by Jampula
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 2:03 AM, Jampula said:

Really enjoying playing the Druid but there is only one problem: Hurricane makes the game stutter badly for some reason. No other char/skill does that, even if I have multiple Tornadoes and Twisters on the field.

So is it possible to "simplify" or remove gfx of Hurricane?

Edit: I mean can I remove it myself somehow? I have edited a lot of those scripts but never touched anything related to graphics.

It is a very performance intensive FX.  You can open spells.txt and search for "dm_co_zerstoerer".  That's Hurricane.  The line you want to change is:

fxTypeSpell = "fx_cm_kaelteaura",

change it to:

fxTypeSpell = "",

This will remove the effect.  I'm not sure what an appropriate alternative would be; I'd have to think about it.  Or you could experiment and try copying different effects from other spells.  Just check the lines that say fxTypeSpell =  .  They won't all work for that spell but it won't break anything.

• Respect! 1
33 minutes ago, Pesmontis said:

Read the changelog, these are things that I like (apart from entirely new things):

Can't wait to squash some toads ;-)

Pedro! Good to hear from you again.  Yes, as trivial as it is, I still consider the Swampbelly Toads as a personal triumph.  :lol: It has bugged me since I first played the game that they were turtles, and the solution was so obvious. 

WB6SClP.jpg

If you ever feel adventurous and want to try to add some more hairstyles or beards for the male playable characters, there are still slots open in character creation!

• Like! 1

To use the words of our 14 years old: 'Luckily there are still Babysitter-builds.' Tried her character (in French) and yes: Granddaughter on right knee, mouse in left hand, and levelling by just running around ;)

She is writing a guide while leveing up.  It's in German, only Latin and French on her languages list yet. So I fear that I will be forced to translate it when I find the time.

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

I noticed that when a spell-based CA is selected in the CA shortcuts the UI in the inventory displays "attack, defense, spell intensity, spell resistance" as the vanilla game does. But when a weapon-based CA is selected the UI changes to "attack, defense, attack, defense", which is odd because that's not a vanilla behaviour (unless I'm really really tripping!). What's more to it, the values don't match between both "attack" and "defense" values.

@Flix Could you shed some light unto this matter please?

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Could you shed some light unto this matter please?

This is the same as without the mod.  One attack/defense (the one that doesn't change when switching between spells and weapon CA's) is for regular left click attacks, the other is the values for the combat art.

That section of the interface itself was altered some in CM 1.60 so you're probably remembering how it was before that.

I'm talking about this:

20191205011439_1.thumb.jpg.4776392e1543d44e98db7a6d0ae18474.jpg

20191205011448_1.thumb.jpg.dd85959dad8b2f9542dc149e4f64a612.jpg

Versus this:

20191205011737_1.thumb.jpg.8c0e9f1012026e9dbebb1c0e25431836.jpg

20191205011740_1.thumb.jpg.454fb839801ed50a701f1c55fbc2d416.jpg

First two screenshots are vanilla I&B plus CM 1.60, third and fourth are from D2F. So with the mod that bit of the interface is indeed different when you change between a weapon CA and a spell CA.

Oh snap you're right, sorry!  That section was changed even further in Dmitriy's Addendum, and he contributed some binaries to D2F that included that change.  I'd gotten so used to seeing it I forgot.  I think maybe that section is still not working quite correctly.  He has announced that he's changed up that section even more to finally purge it of any misleading information. Time will tell if we'll get a compatible version of the dll that handles that part of the UI.

So it's just a "visual issue" and there's nothing wrong with the actual values right? I mean, I don't think anyone will go out on a killing spree with the inventory tab open so out of sight out of mind I guess. I just found it awkward.

Yeah the numbers there are still Spell Intensity/Spell Resistance even though the text changes to Attack/Defense.  The intention was of course to have that part switch to actually showing what your boosted attack/defense values would be for non-spell CA's but it seems it's only half-implemented.

Man been so busy.Little time for gaming.But I will get some time over the festive season.There so many D2 conversions in a game.Grim dawn.There's another what in development on the starcraft 2 engine.But my favorite is this one.Mainly cause I like sacred 2's world.Grim dawn are so gloom and dark.Sacred are so bright :D.Starcraft 2 engine one just isn't d2 anymore.Hope we get another update with new items.Quick question won't it be easier to make werebear/werewolf a buff?Then it would mean 1 form buff and 1x pet which could be better balancing.

PS:I like the warm feeling of Arcadia but this bright white website hurts my eyes :P

• Like! 1

Daughter tried her old Burgfräulein, noticed that the mods on rings changed and some old allSKills had something new it seems, some interesting and not ladylike curses.

...AND THEN: sapphire with +67 trading, emerald with +66 trading,ring with +32 trading, ...

So she traded a bit and got rings with +30 to devout offense lore ...

And now she asks if she is allowed to do the challenge I gave to her with the new v13...

I said yes, not her fault. And I am really interested how this +30 to a focus works once all runes are read. Because the more on a single skill is paid by no boost to the others.