Flix

[REL] Diablo 2 Fallen

Hello !

Just discovered the mod yesterday, and I think It is awesome !

I played 3 jours straight, with no crashs.

But, today it crashes like crazy.

I've reinstalled, put the CM 1.60 hotfix version, put the mod again, and then the game usually crashes around 2min after entering the world. Never used the F7 key so much ^^

I'm using win10 64bits, tried every option possible I found on the internet, nothing works.

Has anyone any ideas why this behavior occurs?

win10 64bits, up to date gaming rig, I'm in the orcish territory with a necro, and the more I progress in the story the more it crashes frequently.

I maye have noticed this: this morning, the music froze 3 times, and had to kill the game in the task manager. I don't know if this is linked, but then I have CTD over and over.

Thank you !

• Appreciation 1

Don't know how to edit my last post, so here's an update.

I bought the game agin on GOG, in case of the game was more stable, reinstalled everything, and yes, the crash every 2-10 min has stopped.

But I have seen a pattern in the crashs: it will crash when you try to sell certain items through the bag (I tried with a gold amulet I owned, it crashed everytime I tried to sell it with the bag, but didn't crash when selling it to a merchant.

Apart from this, I only experience some crashes here and there, around 1h gameplay. And sometimes random crashes with no pattern I can recognize.

Great mod btw !

• Like! 1

8 hours ago, Zeikfried said:

Don't know how to edit my last post, so here's an update.

I bought the game agin on GOG, in case of the game was more stable, reinstalled everything, and yes, the crash every 2-10 min has stopped.

But I have seen a pattern in the crashs: it will crash when you try to sell certain items through the bag (I tried with a gold amulet I owned, it crashed everytime I tried to sell it with the bag, but didn't crash when selling it to a merchant.

Apart from this, I only experience some crashes here and there, around 1h gameplay. And sometimes random crashes with no pattern I can recognize.

Great mod btw !

Hello, thanks for trying the mod!  I don't think there's anything in the mod that would cause crashes like you've described.  I also play GOG version.  I will try to make a list of issues that people report, so I can look into them if I release another version.

• Like! 1

11 hours ago, Flix said:

Hello, thanks for trying the mod!  I don't think there's anything in the mod that would cause crashes like you've described.  I also play GOG version.  I will try to make a list of issues that people report, so I can look into them if I release another version.

Hello Flix, thx for the answer :) I don't know if this is related to your mod, or the community patch, I haven't tried to play the game without the two. I suppose my game was crashing like crazy because I made a lot of manip into the files, trying everything I found on the internet to stop this behavior.

Eventually, I made a new clean install, deleted everything related to sacred 2 in folders and registry, applied the community patch, the mod manager and enabling the mod, and the game is much more stable now.

Crashes occur around 1H of play, but there is this special crash that I think anyone can replicate: trying to sell certain gold (amulet, sword, mace, doesn't matter) items via the bag, not to a merchant, will make the game crash everytime. I don't know what is causing this.

For the music freeze, I'm not 100% sure, but it often appeared when using the Revive skill, you can still play, but the music just loops 2 sec of the same sequence. Had to kill the game in the task manager, as it won't exit by itself. I'm not sure what is the cause, maybe too many sound effects at the same time. With my first necro, I went for quantity of minions, and then the crashes begun. For my 2nd play with another necro, I went with quality (only 2 skels and 2 mage skels) and I only had once the 2sec music loop freeze.

Posted (edited)

Really enjoying playing the Druid but there is only one problem: Hurricane makes the game stutter badly for some reason. No other char/skill does that, even if I have multiple Tornadoes and Twisters on the field.

So is it possible to "simplify" or remove gfx of Hurricane?

Edit: I mean can I remove it myself somehow? I have edited a lot of those scripts but never touched anything related to graphics.

Edited by Jampula

On 3/25/2019 at 2:03 AM, Jampula said:

Really enjoying playing the Druid but there is only one problem: Hurricane makes the game stutter badly for some reason. No other char/skill does that, even if I have multiple Tornadoes and Twisters on the field.

So is it possible to "simplify" or remove gfx of Hurricane?

Edit: I mean can I remove it myself somehow? I have edited a lot of those scripts but never touched anything related to graphics.

It is a very performance intensive FX.  You can open spells.txt and search for "dm_co_zerstoerer".  That's Hurricane.  The line you want to change is:

fxTypeSpell = "fx_cm_kaelteaura",

change it to:

fxTypeSpell = "",

This will remove the effect.  I'm not sure what an appropriate alternative would be; I'd have to think about it.  Or you could experiment and try copying different effects from other spells.  Just check the lines that say fxTypeSpell =  .  They won't all work for that spell but it won't break anything.

• Respect! 1

Thx, that did the job. I'll experiment if I happen to find some similiar fx.