Gods of Diablo 2 Fallen: Fiacla-Géar - The First Druid

Flix

Flix, and Silver what a job!

You know, I spent some time reading the content last night, but was enjoying it so much, wanted to really get a feel for it, stopped reading, and came back to it again this morning. The prose and ideas here are just so fresh and exciting. I'm so happy that you guys are making this happen for Sacred 2, and all the time you're putting in, it's amazing!!

names like this, Fiacla-Géar, just thrill me!

I mean seriously, do other games ever get modded like this?

Beautiful work!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Flix, and Silver what a job!

You know, I spent some time reading the content last night, but was enjoying it so much, wanted to really get a feel for it, stopped reading, and came back to it again this morning. The prose and ideas here are just so fresh and exciting. I'm so happy that you guys are making this happen for Sacred 2, and all the time you're putting in, it's amazing!

names like this, Fiacla-Géar, just thrill me!

I mean seriously, do other games ever get modded like this?

Beautiful work!

:)

gogo

Thanks Gogo. Most Sacred mods up to now (definitely all the ones I've been involved with) were about just changing the flavor of the game, or adding new things to fit into the existing game world, by filling in gaps or fixing issues. This mod on the other hand, is a chance to really just change things up as much as possible. See how much we can transform the game - make it something new.

The challenge is the map - we're stuck with the "same old" Ancaria, unlike some games where you can make new maps and levels. So the other changes really need to be striking to make up for it, and luckily the sky's the limit when modding most other aspects of the game. We don't have to learn to use a lot of specialized modding toolsets and programs with Sacred 2. The games bares its insides to us with all its unencrypted files.

And actually, yes, mods like this do pop up for various games. Probably the ultimate example is a mod for Dungeon Siege. It's called Ultima V: Lazarus. It's a complete remake of the vintage RPG Ultima V, using the Dungeon Siege engine. A huge international team of modders worked to turn a fairly simple RPG into a completely different game. Mindblowing work.

However the major inspiration here was a similar mod for Titan Quest, called Diablo 2 Immortal, a five year project which merged together the map and quests of Titan Quest with the character classes and enemies of Diablo 2. It's an amazing piece of work with a level of quality I'm shooting for.

Why Diablo 2? Well it's old enough now to be a classic (it was an instant classic really), but the lore, monsters and character classes are just so great that it translates well to more modern RPG's too. A nostalgia hit for old fans and hopefully a new frontier for others.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1