Diablo 2 Fallen Classes: The Amazon

Flix

7 hours ago, gogoblender said:

no, no, not the life leech per hit.. nooooooooooooooo

lol I understand balance...that mod is so lovely though ^^

Haha and it's the GOOD one too, the percentage-based Leech Life %. The Amazon is the special girl, she is the only character in the mod who gets it on a spell. I just had to tone it down a little.  :lol:

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, chattius said:

I wonder: are there still shrunken heads dropped? Never saw one. But spells.txt reads as if activated buffs should make them drop.

Well, the item types got switched around some.  Here's the two posts that give in-depth explanations:

Basically, "Shrunken Heads" are now a type of Necromancer-specific shield, like in D2.

Amazons get special items called "Trophies" from various enemy racial types that she can wear on her belt.

The vanilla trophies are now called "Alchemy Charms" and provide very high but brief boosts to various stats.

If you get a chance to try out any of these items, let me know what you think!

• Like! 1
  • 4 months later...

Watched my daughter trying to play the 36th chamber build. Her feeling was that she had to add trading to the build to have enough items protecting against spell attacks because the amazon has not much in this area.

I wondered: there are dryad spells with damage boosted by having correct shrunken head, like totem, black curse. If this damage boost isn't in spellstxt. where is it?

Is it hard coded into totem combat art, and if it is hardcoded, will the corresponding amazon combat art will get the same damage boost?

4 hours ago, chattius said:

I wondered: there are dryad spells with damage boosted by having correct shrunken head, like totem, black curse. If this damage boost isn't in spellstxt. where is it?

Is it hard coded into totem combat art, and if it is hardcoded, will the corresponding amazon combat art will get the same damage boost?

It is in spells.txt.  The tokens will have "essence" in the name such as "et_essence_spelldam_poi".  There are no such tokens in D2F.

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Do you plan to add fur to the T-Energy wolf? If there's problems with the T-Energy effect and the fur shader, I can look into it.

I did not add any fur to any T-Mutants.  The reasoning has to do with how the diffuse textures are processed to make the T-Energy effect work.  If you examine one, you'll see the alpha channel is completely black (transparent) except for the T-Energy parts.  But the fur shader only applies itself to the white alpha channel areas.

Combined, I think you would just get fur sprouting from the T-Energy cracks and nowhere else. Which is kind of the opposite of what you'd want.

17 hours ago, Flix said:

I did not add any fur to any T-Mutants.  The reasoning has to do with how the diffuse textures are processed to make the T-Energy effect work.  If you examine one, you'll see the alpha channel is completely black (transparent) except for the T-Energy parts.  But the fur shader only applies itself to the white alpha channel areas.

Combined, I think you would just get fur sprouting from the T-Energy cracks and nowhere else. Which is kind of the opposite of what you'd want.

Yes I conjectured that might be the case from my experience with modding the T-Energy effect on the spider mounts. Multiple possible solutions:

1. Layered Shaders
    • Pros: Most versatile option, wouldn't require any texture modification on surfaces other than the furred T-Energy creatures
    • Cons: Shader layers are kinda a valuable ressource, if you use it for that you can't use it for anything else (e.g. different lighting models). Also I've never done this before, it might not work as expected.
    1. I can use the fur shader layer to combine the fur with a modified T-Energy effect which happens only on the black alpha areas on SURFACE_FLAG_VARIABLE_FUR usage
    2. I can use the fur shader layer to inverse the alpha channel of the texture input on SURFACE_FLAG_VARIABLE_FUR usage
      • Cons: Shells+Fins generation is hardcoded, it might depend on the actual texture's alpha channel and not the shader's alpha channel output. If that's the case, it will not work.
    3. I can try and look wether the T-Energy shader has any shader layers and how to trigger them, and then maybe implement one of the below solutions on the T-Energy shader based on that.
      • Cons: Don' know if it has any layers o if so, wether they're so easily triggerable.
  2. Inverse alpha cannel of the fur shader in general
    • Pros: Super easy to do, would prob take me just a minute
    • Cons: Same as above, might not work if the correlation is hardcoded. Also all furred textures would manually need to get their alpha channel inversed.
  3. Inverse Alpha channel correlation of the T-Energy shader
    • Pros: Super easy to do, would prob take me just a minute
    • Cons: All T-Energy-textures would manually need to get their alpha channels inversed
  4. Apply an additional texture to the T-Energy shader and draw the alpha channel from there
    • Pros: It gives you the ability to freely choose where fur and where T-energy shall be happening without them being bound to the same input
    • Cons: Requires the manual work to create those secondary textures for all T-Energy-creatures (not just the furred ones). Also needs the manual preparation of the fist texture's alpha channel for the fur shader.

Which solution and which lighting model(s) for the fur shader do you prefer?

Edited by Lindor

I'm fine with the fur not appearing on mutated animals.  I don't really require any changes on that front.  Feel free to follow your own desires there.