Diablo 2 Fallen Creatures Thread

Flix

10 minutes ago, desm said:

Nothing seems wrong with the achievements (Discover=Découvreur)

Ah ok. I just noticed in my own game that the description text was blank.  I thought maybe if we had the same missing text it would be some kind of clue but right now it seems random.

Uhm, is it possible for that elemental to have a little less glow? His colour in the fists is tip top, but the shoulder pads seem a bit too bright I suppose.

Maybe an all-around darker hue would do the trick?!

11 hours ago, Androdion said:

Uhm, is it possible for that elemental to have a little less glow?

Yeah I can try it, but honestly I don't really like it.

5v60GW6.jpg

The more glow I remove, the less he looks infused with power and the more he just looks like a purple rock.

Ok, since as you can see, the new Lightning Lord is a retex of the DM's old Protector, and since I had previously the Protector as the new Earth Lord, some things are rearranged now.

First, Earth Lord is reverted back to his old textures, BUT with some changes:

NTibsK9.jpg

The Earth Lord again looks to be made of volcanic rock instead of the "fresh soil" look of the Protector.  However, instead of the intense orange glow of vanilla, he now has the lava shader applied.  It's hard to capture in a picture, but the cracks in his skin (and his eyes) now pulse and shift like flowing magma.

Vanilla:  

ANF7twpm.jpg

D2F v14:

PvddrESm.jpg

This makes him look a little more dangerous and interesting than the old static glow.  I also changed one of his spells, replacing his summoning spell with the "Dirt Spray" attack that the Garganthropod uses. 

Because of this change, elite Earth Elementals no longer use this skin, and are changed back to the vanilla skin (identical to normal earth elementals, but larger).

vGomFKs.jpg

I also took this opportunity to review and rework the stats and spells of each Lord.  Now each one has a significant vulnerability (a "prone bonus") to a single element - this will correspond with the missing armor type in their health bar.  Physical mitigation is reduced from v13 for all of them except the Earth Lord.

Outtake:

b8Xi1uDt.jpg

I experimented with a new Ice Lord but ultimately decided not to fix what wasn't broken.  This might be nice design for the friendly water elemental in Tyr Lysia.

• Like! 1
20 hours ago, Flix said:

Yeah I can try it, but honestly I don't really like it.

The more glow I remove, the less he looks infused with power and the more he just looks like a purple rock.

18 hours ago, desm said:

I agree.

14 hours ago, Androdion said:

As do I. Thank you for trying though.

Perhaps a glowing pattern / sigil / similar so its not just a glowing patch (similar to the forehead)? I think thats what makes the hands look so good - the contrast of the glowing veins vs. the rest of the skin.

• Like! 1

Well, I succeeded in giving myself the creeps tonight.

NV0NlvC.jpg

CmLh1jj.gif

I didn't even make these!  They were textures made for dead Kobolds. I couldn't resist slapping them on the living ones just to see what they looked like.  The result is more suitable for a Halloween update.  Really gruesome and creepy.

I may think of some use for them, maybe some quest or other.  There's plenty of Necromancy in D2F where they might fit in.

That's enough creature features for one night, I think.  HbKbJh0.gif

ZCJjFWY.jpg

• Like! 1

I love them! The blood draining out of their eyes is pretty gruesome however... perfect for an adventurer's late-night "nightmare" or Halloween feature as you mention .. did it also do a scare job on their teeth as well?

:scare2:

gogo

• Like! 1

Best part of this for me is the detailed and lengthy reasoning for why specific creatures act in certain ways

...giving them an understandable motive...

heh.. im not sure about getting more ranged attacks... maybe they got toned down because of more,,,

owch ?

Great read Flix and always great seeing your work

:)

gogo

• Thanks! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

At some point all the little D2 gifs in this thread got broken.  I've gone back through each post and restored them all.

VykClo3.gif   0uvY5kV.gif   fhdKziS.gif

Flix, im so sorry about the loss!!

...thank god you were able to do the repairs

This must have happened when we updated the forum's software, im really sorry for all the time you had to put back in

Next time we'll have an announcement and discuss well in advance to make sure that everyone who has important threads can make backups just in case our links break

thank god we dont do this too often

:sweating:

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Flix, im so sorry about the loss!!

...thank god you were able to do the repairs

This must have happened when we updated the forum's software, im really sorry for all the time you had to put back in

Next time we'll have an announcement and discuss well in advance to make sure that everyone who has important threads can make backups just in case our links break

thank god we dont do this too often

:sweating:

gogo

Not a problem, I think it predates the forum update.  Probably something to do with the way I had hotlinked them.  Whatever the cause, it's all patched up now.  :moil:

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Androdion said:

Just wanted to drop a line and say that after beating all five Elemental Lords in Easy the updated Earth Lord hits like a brick in the face. Holy redline baby! :D But I love it's design, and the attack snatched from the Garganthropod looks great.

Haha just wait til you fight all 5 at once when they're your level.  That opening volley of spells (all 5 damage types at once) is brutal.

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

I'm already feeling the heat with Blood Raven... :Just_Cuz_21: What the hell do you feed her?! :help:

Ehhh... it's a few versions out of date now, but this pretty much covers it.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Blood_Raven

Her multi-arrows used to be target seeking = instant death.  They can be easily avoided now.  I think really it's just that she has high Dexterity so even her regular arrows hit really hard.  Defense & Evade Chance, as well as Chance to Block/Reflect Ranged will be most useful.

• Like! 1