Does anyone still play PC Sacred 2?

does anyone still play pc sacred 2, I have it on steam and looking for others to play with

Many of us play but I'm not sure anyone has it through steam. A few people used to use tuungle. I don't know who's around anymore.

If you take a look at the balance.txt thread you can just edit the gold dropped by monsters and quests. It's less of a pain to do that than to make new characters for the early drops. Just always keep a clean copy of it on your desk top so you can reset it to normal when you're ready.

I Play Sacred 2 ice and blood on steam. I have never played with anyone over the internet, but years ago my flatmate and I played it on our home network.

I thought the servers has closed down and it can't be played online anymore...?

Delta!

Edited by Delta!
  • Like! 1

I Play Sacred 2 ice and blood on steam. I have never played with anyone over the internet, but years ago my flatmate and I played it on our home network.

Delta!

The official servers are gone but you can use VPN programs like Tunngle or Hamachi to play LAN games across the internet.

does anyone still play pc sacred 2, I have it on steam and looking for others to play with

Welcome to DarkMatters Haydn!

As others have noted, the official closed servers originally provided by Ascaron have been closed...but there are some work arounds that some of the members from here have been using to find others online to play with.

:)

gogo

Delta!

Doesn't steam function as its own lan server? I thought that was the whole point of the program. To sell online playable games. Maybe I misunderstood.

Delta!

Doesn't steam function as its own lan server? I thought that was the whole point of the program. To sell online playable games. Maybe I misunderstood.
Yes and no. Some Steam games but I don't think it works for vintage games like Sacred 2.

Delta!

Yes and no. Some Steam games but I don't think it works for vintage games like Sacred 2.

Well it should. The game is capable. It should be supported if they're going to sell it.

Delta!

Well it should. The game is capable. It should be supported if they're going to sell it.

Well if anyone figures out how to do that... please let me know.

I am in South Africa, and I do know that we never had a server, we had to play on the European servers...

will it be the same with steam?

delta!

Steam lists Sacred 2 as a single player game.

I imagine the hurdles to clear to get an official MP server up and going would be insurmountable. If the choice was between offering an SP Sacred 2 or no Sacred 2 at all. I think SP only was the right choice.

Yeah, Steam's whole focus isn't exactly the user experience, unless it's a P2W game that gives them revenue. So you shouldn't count on Steam servers because that won't happen.

I have I&B on Steam too, bought it real cheap as I could never find a physical copy of the expansion to follow up my copy of FA, but I don't do MP. Sorry but I just prefer the solo experience much better.

With a simple system like tuungle I thought it would be pretty easy for steam to provide lan compatibility. I thought that was their whole selling point. Just a misunderstanding on my part I guess.

As others have noted, the official closed servers originally provided by Ascaron have been closed...but there are some work arounds that some of the members from here have been using to find others online to play with.

gogo

Thanks mate I have been using dark matters for years, I use to play on ps3 but went missing, got sacred gold of steam

• Like! 1

gogo

Thanks mate I have been using dark matters for years, I use to play on ps3 but went missing, got sacred gold of steam

The PC format is so convenient lately, specially with Steam having the game so readily available for download and cheap...makes rooting through all those old boxes of the game such a drag...

:4rofl:

gogo