We moved DarkMatters to new servers, sorry for downtime!

Something doesn't look quite right with the Sacred 2 Map. The dynamically resizing icons are gone, and I'm getting broken image placeholders all around the map. It might just be something on my end, but I thought it might be related to the new servers.

• Like! 1

It seems OK to me; it may have been that the servers had need of time to fully update/republish the map. I seem to recall that the map could be downloaded before. I have a copy of the old map that shows some Bosses in former/incorrect locations and a few other differences that were changed along the way. I would like to have a copy of the map, especially the dungeon map, as I can never figure out why I never snag the achievement for visiting them all. Having the map, I could make note of each as I visit. This worked well for me in the the completion of the Epic Office Quest in the past.

• Like! 1

I seem to have slept through this...haven't noticed any issues so far!

The site was down when I was having breakfast, NA time. A hour or so later it was back and has been humming along since.

• Like! 1

I know it is a bit off topic, but I have been meaning to ask this for ages...

what does the achievements and the points you earn actually do for you ass a player? can you spend it somewhere? does it unlock certain bonuses? I am trying to get the dungeon master now, and that offers 30 points. but what will I benefit from all those points?

Delta!

• Like! 1

It seems OK to me; it may have been that the servers had need of time to fully update/republish the map. I seem to recall that the map could be downloaded before.

Whenever I scroll around the map, anything beyond the borders shows a strange grid. Also the icons for bosses and portals used to be visible no matter the zoom level. They would resize dynamically as you zoomed in and out, it was like they were overlaid on top of the base map. Now you must zoom in all the way to spot them.

aUp7V5T.jpg

It seems OK to me; it may have been that the servers had need of time to fully update/republish the map. I seem to recall that the map could be downloaded before. I have a copy of the old map that shows some Bosses in former/incorrect locations and a few other differences that were changed along the way. I would like to have a copy of the map, especially the dungeon map, as I can never figure out why I never snag the achievement for visiting them all. Having the map, I could make note of each as I visit. This worked well for me in the the completion of the Epic Office Quest in the past.

As far as I know the Sacred 2 Map in the downloads section is the most recent correct map. Likewise I picked up the dungeon map from the link on the wiki page. Though as Knuckles said the achievement only activates if 100 dungeons are entered in 1 game session. I've done it myself.

I now notice the differences to which you are referring Flix and although only the mysterious grid that appears is something that I find annoying, it's likely because the old code used in the old map doesn't work with the formatting of the new server. By the way, I made dungeon master for the first time yesterday, via the instructions of The Grand Poobah, Knuckles. Thanks!

• Like! 1

what does the achievements and the points you earn actually do for you ass a player? can you spend it somewhere? does it unlock certain bonuses? I am trying to get the dungeon master now, and that offers 30 points. but what will I benefit from all those points?

Delta!

Not sure on the consoles, but I never found they were used for anything on the pc....I would guess they're only there for progress monitoring/bragging rights

• Like! 1

Delta!

Not sure on the consoles, but I never found they were used for anything on the pc....I would guess they're only there for progress monitoring/bragging rights
AFAIK, it was the same on consoles. On ps3, they show up in your Playstation Network profile.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback!

Schot's been looking through options for the changes showing up, looks like some of the settings from the new server could be dif from what we needed before...soon as we're done all eating this Easter Chocolate, he'll be looking at fixes..

:poweromg:

gogo

It seems OK to me; it may have been that the servers had need of time to fully update/republish the map. I seem to recall that the map could be downloaded before.

Whenever I scroll around the map, anything beyond the borders shows a strange grid. Also the icons for bosses and portals used to be visible no matter the zoom level. They would resize dynamically as you zoomed in and out, it was like they were overlaid on top of the base map. Now you must zoom in all the way to spot them.

aUp7V5T.jpg

lockquote>

By the way, I made dungeon master for the first time yesterday, via the instructions of The Grand Poobah, Knuckles. Thanks!

gratzu!

:hugs:

gogo

• Like! 1

What do you mean is online now, the game now is multyplayer online?

It just means that this forum and our Wiki's moved to a new host....Only way to play Sacred online is still through Hamachi or Tunngle :(

BTW...welcome to the forums :D

• Like! 1

What do you mean is online now, the game now is multyplayer online?

Indeed, as Knuckles has posted Dennis...and we're happy to have you here with us, welcome to DarkMatters!!

:)

gogo