Dexterity for trap damage

I was wondering if anyone knew how much Dex influenced trap damage (poison mist mostly, ofc) but since I don't have my copy back yet, I can't really test it out, and it might be some time before I get it lol.

Just thinking on whether PhysRegen was really the most "optimal" thing to spam on a toon, especially with a duration DOT power like poison mist.

• Like! 1

On the poison mist guide by knuckles it says dexterity increases trap damage and Nightwolfe's site has dexterity increasing ranged damage

http://pctalk.info/Games/Sacred2/Wolfes.Lair/SacredUnderworld/Pages/GameBasics-Attributes.html

Sacredwiki doesn't mention dexterity affecting ranged damage, so I think it may be due to 2.28 changes?

There's a mention of dexterity affecting ranged damage here

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/WE_Combat_Ranger_Guide,_formerly_a_part_of_Librarian%27s_Complete_WE_reference

but it seems like a minor boost.

I've played a poison mist build (ver 2.24) up past level 100 and physical regen is the way to go. Higher level combat arts and lower regen are way above what damage boost attributes can give.

Been a loooong time since I've played but...if I remember correctly...traps were considered a 'ranged' attack and not a spell thus why Dexterity and not Charisma was used

Wish I could remember all the little details..but just been way too long...I do remember testing each attribute extensively and for a Poison Mist trapper Phys regen and Dex were the only viable attributes

Hm. Well according to: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/3802-ca-and-spell-regeneration-formulae-base-value/ both dex and str are not so great when compared to regen times, only adding a flat value on top of other modifiers. Can multiple poison mists stack damage in the same space, or will an enemy only be affected by one iteration of the trap? That would settle things nicely.

You can spam PM traps...each one will hit individually....so if you dropped 5 PM's directly on top of each other, the enemy would get hit 5 times per second for it's duration

y know...this topic's one of the first time I really really REALLy looked at the stats on that weapon... the split on it is just insane...in fact the damage mods are crazy too... yummy piece of gear... all of kinds of creativity to be coooked up with this gem... though I do think that 4 % is an awful lot... anyone here ever been overwhelmed by the manifested mob?

It's not a mod I ever used actually, though I do remember others in our party having it, and there being some hairy moments.

And I see we have a glorious new member here on the boards...

Welcome to DarkMatters ssen!

:)

gogo

TY for the welcome. I played through the game ten or more years ago, and have had a weird itch to play it again since. Can't remember what difficulty I reached.

I went totally blind with a BM that time, and the game got pretty brutal later on, so this time I wanted to try playing with the most awesomest build: PM DE trapper, from what I remember and have read.

Derailing my own thread: are the Pak skills worth investing in without concentration? As in will their regens be manageable if I raise them to useful levels? Or are they one-point wonders?

Not alot of details to be read about them, I find. They're not even mentioned in your guide, Knuckles

TBH I never used them for any DE build I made. I never found the need to use them even in Hardcore. PM melted every enemies health bar so quick I had no need to deflect magic/ranged attacks.

I'm lazy so the fewer buttons I have to press, the better. Though putting 1 rune in each seems to be a worthy investment.

• Like! 1

TBH I never used them for any DE build I made. I never found the need to use them even in Hardcore. PM melted every enemies health bar so quick I had no need to deflect magic/ranged attacks.

I'm lazy so the fewer buttons I have to press, the better. Though putting 1 rune in each seems to be a worthy investment.

I would think they'd be more for damage and spell (like shamans that root you) avoidance, with reflection being a tiny bonus. Not even on Niobium?

I guess I'll try them at any rate

• 8 months later...

As a longtime Dark Elf player I may state this :
- The way you should build a Poison Mist based Dark elf is to collect the gear with the additional Poison Damage as % of Physical Regeneration. The spell's good because it actually deals both Poison Damage and Physical Damage.
- Downside to playing a Poison based Dark Elf character lies in the amount of Poison resistant enemies, which are great. Over the time, the physical resistance also rises up with the enemies and it doesn't really pay off to do so.
- Greatest thing to achieve is to get an actual ranged weapon.
- Charisma is the one that increases the Poison damage (DOT), but the Dexterity is the one that increases the overall Trap damage. Dexterity is more valuable to take for the damage in the end. Still doesn't beat the physical regeneration that gives you five factors altogether : HP regen, MAX HP, SP regen, Physical Resistance + Overall Resistance % bonus.

A Dark Elf who doesn't build Physical Regeneration will have a hard time on levels after Gold, depends upon the build.