Good farming places per region

Don't know off the top of my head, but I don't see why not. Remember, as the character level increases, bargaining has to increase even more to have the same effectiveness so while a lower level toon with less points may find all gold items, a higher level toon may not.

That's a great thread, lots of cool info!

So I've played around with the S2CE.exe I pointed out above and it works like a charm. It also makes setting up a ladder of shoppers stupidly easy since you can change any statistic applied to your character. Watch this:

- Create a Bronze HE, save the toon and exit the game

- Open S2CE.exe, pick the savegame created, change the level to 2 and give it one skill point available, save changes

- Start the game, load the savegame, put the skill point in Bargaining, save and exit the game

- Open S2CE.exe again, pick the savegame and change the amount of hard points the Bargaining skill has to 255, also change the amount of gold to 1.000.000.000 and level reached to Niob, save changes

- Start the game, go MP/LAN and pick that toon, start the Lobby and run Free Play in Niob

Et voilá, you have a Lv.2 shopper with 255 in bargaining and a bilion in gold with no need to shop for "+Bargaining" gear! ;) If you want to create the ladder all you have to do is copy-paste the save files, change the number of the save and edit the level and name of the toon. Since everything else is already configured all you need to do is adjust the name of the toon and the level you want it to be.

Repeat the procedure with a SW to produce a Lv.2 Blacksmith with 255 in the skill and you have you have just created your own SP/LAN home ladder of shoppers/smith. And the best of it all? You haven't touched one single script file, which in my opinion is awesome! :dance:

This is great info for a guide here for new players... specially valuable as it's for SP and, as you note, no need to touch script files

:)

gogo

Don't know off the top of my head, but I don't see why not. Remember, as the character level increases, bargaining has to increase even more to have the same effectiveness so while a lower level toon with less points may find all gold items, a higher level toon may not.

It's just that I wasn't expecting the diminishing returns to hit so soon, you know?! I'm still only getting like two blue items though, nothing to sweat about.

This is great info for a guide here for new players... specially valuable as it's for SP and, as you note, no need to touch script files

:dance:

:)

gogo

Thanks mate. :)

I made shoppers at levels 2, 15, 30 and 45 for starters and began playing with a new HE to try them out. I'm at level 25 now and I've scratched the Lv.30 shopper because the gear I got from the Lv.15 one still makes my HE quite OP in Silver. I managed to raise "+All Skills" to 20 at that level so that says a lot! Right now I'm just trying to push the boundaries on the progression to see where it slows down or halts.

Speaking of which, the mention of diminishing returns above. I scratched the Lv.30 shopper and made it Lv.75, since I won't be needing new gear so soon. But like I said above, the Lv.45 shopper is already seeing blue items. Granted, those are few and far between, but out of curiosity I went shopping with the Lv.75 and the difference was abysmal. Something like a 50-50 ratio of blue/yellow at 255 worth of Bargaining. I managed to push it up to 365 via gear (that HE is now fully equipped) and the ratio now is more like 70-30. Mind you those are average numbers as sometimes merchants have a better ratio and sometimes a bit worse, but in general terms its around that value. I'm already getting "+All Skills" jewellery again so that's cool, but I was kind of expecting them to be pushing for higher values and normally it's just +3/+4. Nothing compared to the jewellery found on the D.A.R.K. toons, but I guess that must be the "nerf to +All Skills" that Hooyaah was mentioning in the screenshots thread.

In retrospective you still get infinitely better gear than you'd ever be able to buy, and I guess that if I can push the Lv.75 shopper to a decent ratio of blue/yellow it should prove more than enough to support another toon, considering that by that level of the playable toon it should be hitting Niob already, so that's that. I still want to test drive this theory but it may take a while since I'll be out of the country over the next week enjoying my well deserved holidays. Anyway, I'll be sure to leave additional info on this matter when I get to climb up the ladder a bit more. ;)

• 5 months later...

Found another cool place to farm for XP, if anyone cares. :P

South of Entruag in the Orc Region you'll find the second part of the village, where you talk to the chieftain if you're following the Light Path main quest. Remember that small slope where you need to collect troll teeth in order to get a necklace? Just climb it all the way into the valley that's beyond it and you'll find a harsh fighting ground populated by Orcs and Trolls.

There are mobs by the dozens, and usually they're grouped really tight so you don't need to travel long distances. They also respawn very quickly once you get inside and out of a cave for instance. You can easily do one million XP there in Niob in one run over the valley. :)

• Like! 1

Found another cool place to farm for XP, if anyone cares. :P

South of Entruag in the Orc Region you'll find the second part of the village, where you talk to the chieftain if you're following the Light Path main quest. Remember that small slope where you need to collect troll teeth in order to get a necklace? Just climb it all the way into the valley that's beyond it and you'll find a harsh fighting ground populated by Orcs and Trolls.

There are mobs by the dozens, and usually they're grouped really tight so you don't need to travel long distances. They also respawn very quickly once you get inside and out of a cave for instance. You can easily do one million XP there in Niob in one run over the valley. :)

Realy? In Niob?

:blink:

gogo

Yap! ;)

The concentration of mobs there is insane, you get more Orcs and Trolls by square feet than turtles on Turtle Island. You need to be careful though because between Orc Shamans casting Incendiary Shower and Mountain Trolls doing the stone hurdle Gahanka's style your HP can get down pretty fast! There are also a lot of champions there and a few Mentor Potions really do the trick.