Diablo 2 Fallen on SacredWiki

Flix

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi friends.

I noticed some differences between CA parameter on D2S Fallen Wiki and tooltip information ingame, e.g. Necromancer's Corpse Explosion (Wiki: 5 meter radius + 0.4m per level, Game: ~2.8 meter radius +0.02m per level). Similar with Poison Nova. Tested with a level 10 Necro.

Is this just the tooltip being wrong or is the information on the Wiki outdated? In the latter case would it be possible to have Combat Arts on D2S Fallen Wiki updated to their current parameters?

Cheers

Edited by ameaeth
24 minutes ago, ameaeth said:

Hi friends.

I noticed some differences between CA parameter on D2S Fallen Wiki and tooltip information ingame, e.g. Necromancer's Corpse Explosion (Wiki: 5 meter radius + 0.4m per level, Game: ~2.8 meter radius +0.02m per level). Similar with Poison Nova. Tested with a level 10 Necro.

Is this just the tooltip being wrong or is the information on the Wiki outdated? In the latter case would it be possible to have Combat Arts on D2S Fallen Wiki updated to their current parameters?

Cheers

Wiki may be a couple versions behind.  Also I had to guess at some of the values before Dmitriy edited the code to allow for exact tooltip strings to be generated.  The hard numbers in the scripts didn't always equate to the same values in-game.

Trust the in-game tooltips.

Thanks Flix for the heads up.

Is there a way to read CA parameters directly from Sacred 2 files so to avoid creating all classes and test all CA's?

Edit: I'd offer to test CA's and post their parameters if reading from file takes too much effort.

Edit2: This turns out rather difficult since level up already impacts the values. To get CA modifications Focus/Lore skills also change values. I'd need an editor to directly add CA modifications. Any recommendation?

Edited by ameaeth
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Just FYI it looks like all the changes I made to the D2F Wiki this year got rolled back somehow in the recent database changes.  So the current info is a few versions behind. I'll do what I can to update it this week.

8 hours ago, Flix said:

Just FYI it looks like all the changes I made to the D2F Wiki this year got rolled back somehow in the recent database changes.  So the current info is a few versions behind. I'll do what I can to update it this week.

I’m so sorry flix 😞 He was so worried about the wiki that he felt the next step in keeping all the data safe was to Iowa Tse to the newest version.  I’m sad that it’s affected all your work and  I’ll tell Schot.

Very grateful that you’re able to Update .. thank you!!

🙏

gogo

48 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

I’m so sorry flix 😞 He was so worried about the wiki that he felt the next step in keeping all the data safe was to Iowa Tse to the newest version.  I’m sad that it’s affected all your work and  I’ll tell Schot.

Very grateful that you’re able to Update .. thank you!!

🙏

gogo

It's cool.. I think I caught most everything this afternoon as there was a pre-holiday lull at work.  The D2F section of the wiki will get another update next month anyway with the next release of the mod.

Please don't re-revert it again lol.

• Appreciation 1

Sorry about that Flix!  I thought I caught everything but seems not.  The database and even the site is backed up and duplicated on the server so I could probably re-initialize the backed up site so you could see and copy whatever you saw was missing.  I'll see how fast I can do that tomorrow.  :agreed:

• Appreciation 1
52 minutes ago, Schot said:

Sorry about that Flix!  I thought I caught everything but seems not.  The database and even the site is backed up and duplicated on the server so I could probably re-initialize the backed up site so you could see and copy whatever you saw was missing.  I'll see how fast I can do that tomorrow.  :agreed:

Don't go to any extra trouble for me... I did very little on it this year, and I'll be giving all the pages a once-over soon after next release anyway since a lot of numbers and tooltips are changing.

45 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

I was just looking at the content... Flix this video and the Paladin CA... insane...the particles are epic plus the music +++!

Thanks!  I found a treasure trove of unused FX in the game files that made their way into the mod. 

For the soundtrack I used all the Matt Uelmen tracks I could find. He did the music for the first two Diablo games and the first two Torchlight games... gives the world a great atmosphere.

On 12/19/2019 at 11:25 PM, Flix said:

Don't go to any extra trouble for me... I did very little on it this year, and I'll be giving all the pages a once-over soon after next release anyway since a lot of numbers and tooltips are changing.

Thanks!  I found a treasure trove of unused FX in the game files that made their way into the mod. 

For the soundtrack I used all the Matt Uelmen tracks I could find. He did the music for the first two Diablo games and the first two Torchlight games... gives the world a great atmosphere.

Until I actually saw the music against the context of your CA I was never able to discern how distinct, unique and perfectly suited for travel, exploration and fighting it is... peak mood stuff

:thumbsup:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

All the combat arts of the Paladin and the Necromancer are updated to v13 on the Wiki!  All the hard numbers and formulae are there plus some attempts at outlining strategies on using the combat arts.  I'll get the other 5 characters this week.

I also updated the six divine gifts:

• Respect! 1

I just saw all the work... beautiful ... I dont know how you put up so much content so quickly Ben...I saw that Schot put back  the find replace... this helping?

...thank you 

:)

gogo

• Thanks! 1

Yeah, looks good guys, many thanks!

===========================

All combat arts of the Sorceress and the Assassin are updated to v13 on the Wiki!

Now you can a good in-depth look at how the brand new Frost Nova works (ignore the old video).

The only thing still remaining that I need to do is make new videos showing Frost Nova and Fists of Fire.

I'm actually quite inspired by the Sorceress to try an Enchant melee build as a fun challenge.

• Appreciation 1

All combat arts of the Druid and the Barbarian are updated to v13 on the Wiki!

I still owe a video of the new Howl FX but the picture is updated at least, as are all the numbers and formulae.  I also try to write as many notes as I can think of on how to use the combat arts, and hidden things that might not be apparent.

• Appreciation 1
20 hours ago, gogoblender said:

The work is astonishing.  I'm back home from work and going through everything you put up...  Whatever coffee you're drinking, please share!

:coffeecup:

gogo

If you want to know... it's this:

nescafe.thumb.jpg.75c1f5a084f28e5cb0f308ba4ccf8267.jpg

ahhhh!  I used to have a tassimo when the home brewing went big... but it just costed too much years ago and it got left by the way side... I was  seriously looking at a Keurig... I wake up at sixty thirty every morning to get for work at 8 00 am.... and I find that the bodum im using takes just too much time too brew in the morning.. tha boiling of water is three minutes, and then the steeping... im more and more thinking that either a keurig or your nescafe is the solution

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

The Nestle brewing machine thing is actually at my office.  They supplied some pods when we first got it that lasted for a few months, but now we have to buy our own.  I don't mind, as the dark roast is so much better than the free "break room" coffee that we always have.

I actually get a lot of Sacred-related stuff done at the office (don't tell my boss).  The nature of my job is to fix IT problems, and some days everything is running smoothly, the daily maintenance is done, there's no fires to put out, so I just tinker with Sacred for the afternoon.  I obviously don't play it at work, but having the scripts open or even a Wiki page to edit is perfectly cryptic and "work-looking" to the passerby.

• Like! 1

Noone using a manual coffee grinder and a normal filter anymore?

At meetings I think it is more personal to use the traditional way of coffee making - showing that you take time for the meeting.

Another reason: kids like Greta and fighting for the climate. Manual driven filters and grinders do no waste. All the 'waste' ends as fertilizer for the flowers.

Epecially when the new 'grinders' have names like: Commandante Mk3 Nitro Blade.  Not really grinded but rather cut for a better taste.

comandante_mk3_nitro_blade_kaffeemuehle_

Now add some vacuum coffee syphons.... 10 minutes for two cups. But what a taste and the good effect that your visitor doesn't think that he is not worth more than a quick tassimo cup.