Diablo 2 Fallen on SacredWiki

Flix

Chattius, I bet a bottle of water that no one out of Germany takes Greta Thunberg seriously.

Drinking Coffee is a sin btw, because it has to get shipped to Europe with a big, fat Cargo Ship. And these things waste megatons of ship diesel on their way north. Hope you feel bad and guilty now! :Just_Cuz_21:

I say Greta and you say Thunberg...

Ever watched the movie 'What's in a name' ? The french original or the new german cover 'Der Vorname / How about Adolf' ? A family says her unborn child would be named Adolf. And all their friends get in a vocal battle how in hell they could name a child after Hitler. No arguments are accepted why they had really choosen the name.

Greta Löw is actually the teacher of our twins (and was of our second) and the school has a project to reduce waste as much as possible. Well, I was a bit mean by not saying what Greta I was speaking about.

And now a good cup of selfmade M.u.c.k.e.f.u.c.k. Funny, the autocensoring doesn't like this german recipe. Roasted barley with a bit roasted Wegwartenwurzeln. (roots from wild chicory). It's used as a coffeinfree coffee replacement which can be drunk my kids. ;)

Greta and kids that like to fight against the climate change brought me to the conclusion that the young woman from Sweden was meant. Speaking of movie trailers, I had to watch the ending of Rambo IV over and over again to get that how about adolf out of my head. Sometimes I think Germany is a country on the downfall.

On 1/18/2020 at 8:22 PM, Flix said:

The Nestle brewing machine thing is actually at my office.  They supplied some pods when we first got it that lasted for a few months, but now we have to buy our own.  I don't mind, as the dark roast is so much better than the free "break room" coffee that we always have.

I actually get a lot of Sacred-related stuff done at the office (don't tell my boss).  The nature of my job is to fix IT problems, and some days everything is running smoothly, the daily maintenance is done, there's no fires to put out, so I just tinker with Sacred for the afternoon.  I obviously don't play it at work, but having the scripts open or even a Wiki page to edit is perfectly cryptic and "work-looking" to the passerby.

Brilliant! During parts  of my day when there's time I also like to go through the threads to see what's happening with community.  Not as deep building as you...but its terrific that your IT job at work is what must be keeping the tech chops up for everything Mod here at Sacred, especially the huge addition to wiki you've made with your mod

:bounce:

gogo

On 1/20/2020 at 7:11 AM, gogoblender said:

Brilliant! During parts  of my day when there's time I also like to go through the threads to see what's happening with community.  Not as deep building as you...but its terrific that your IT job at work is what must be keeping the tech chops up for everything Mod here at Sacred, especially the huge addition to wiki you've made with your mod

:bounce:

gogo

Yes it is nice, most days, but this weekend I have to experience the flip-side of the IT profession: when something breaks, we must work constantly to get it working again, no matter if it's after-hours, or weekends or holidays!

This weekend I have had to drive 4 hours away to one of our satellite locations to help contain a nasty virus outbreak on our servers and computers.  I've put 11 non-stop hours today, including travel, and will have to spend most of tomorrow doing the same, then traveling back home in time for a full work week Monday.

Right now I've finally just checked into the hotel, with the alarm set for 6 hours from now.

:Just_Cuz_21:  :cstars:

• zomgod! 1
On 1/26/2020 at 12:47 AM, Flix said:

Yes it is nice, most days, but this weekend I have to experience the flip-side of the IT profession: when something breaks, we must work constantly to get it working again, no matter if it's after-hours, or weekends or holidays!

This weekend I have had to drive 4 hours away to one of our satellite locations to help contain a nasty virus outbreak on our servers and computers.  I've put 11 non-stop hours today, including travel, and will have to spend most of tomorrow doing the same, then traveling back home in time for a full work week Monday.

Right now I've finally just checked into the hotel, with the alarm set for 6 hours from now.

:Just_Cuz_21:  :cstars:

Flix thats crazy! Of all things sleep is the one thing I treasure most... Having to stay at top level efficiency while at the same time also having to stay up long hours...night mare :crazy:  ... I hope that virus was contained? We read so much about maglignant code like that coming up everywhere... once at work, all our systems were down...someone just walked in and put in a key usb into just one computer and was able to create havoc...security went up ten time since then with scanners and rotating doors etc...this was a few years back.

Hope you're in good space new friend!

:)

gogo

• 3 months later...