R.I.P. Prince :(

Prince passed away today at the age of 57...way too young

My local hard rock fm station had an hour long tribute to him....probably the first and only time Prince songs will ever be on it....thought it was a pretty cool gesture on their part to pay tribute to an artist regardless of their music genre.

While I am predominantly a hard rock fan....I did enjoy Prince's music, especially the early stuff like Little Red Corvette, 1999 and Darling Nikki to name a few

The Artist Formerly Known As Prince...

The Most Beautiful Girl in the World - was played at the marriage of my sister and the first family thing I visited with my nowaday wife.

Spent the whole evening watching him in tributes, interviews, and of course, the now legendary showing of him on superbowl. I was particularly fascinated by a presentation Kevin Smith (Clerks, Dogma) made on a fascinating interview he once did over the phone with Prince, and the eccentricities of the path he had to embark upon to get to finally speak to the artist... there's real genius here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LhcParuzpc

I'd love to post the Batman Video theme he made for the first Batman movie... alas.. Prince has had all his videos from Youtube pulled out years ago ...

:blink:

gogo

• Like! 1

are there different reasons for his death? here they mentioned a flu causes his death...

a great artist has gone. his voice was not something I prefer for a singer, but 1999 is a great song

I'd heard flu as well, he'd missed some concerts because of this, had to have his plane land, get treated at a hospital then took off again.

Apparently this year's flu around here in MOntreal is particularly nasty, a bunch of peeps from my work got taken out for days, me included

:oooo:

gogo

Originally it was said that he had flu like symptoms. Later it was said that first responders had to use narcan on him. Or something like it. So it's possibly an overdose.