Question about spending skill points in Sacred 2

Hi!

Im having a lot of problems to choose how I spend my points in the game :(.

Now I play a level 15 Dryad and have boosted 4 skills equally is this a good idea or should I stick to 2 or even 1 skill so that I could get it to level 75 as fast as I can?

I feel like when im slowly gaining levels I dont get powerfull fast enough .

Im making a dryad who utilizes Morbund animus as a main damage tool and I use throwing things with a shield.

So far I have taken:

Cabalistic voodoo focus

Cabalistic voodoo lore

Concentration

Nature weaver Focus

I have mainly put points to Caba lore+focus and concentration. I have eaten only 1 rune / spell so it dont get too big cooldowns. Im running with 2 x Buffs (Animus+Bark)

But the problem is that I dont feel that strong and im really tempted to pick a weapon skill for ranged to boost my damage but im afraid it will gimp me bechause then I have 5 skills leveling slowly.

Hi, I would advise to focalize on 3 skills first (they wiil reach mastery at level 75), then increase the fourth skill which have to reach mastery.

On Nature weaver Focus I would spend only 9 points to have the 3 mods. Then take maybe a weapon skill like ranged weapon with playing handpipe maybe? or stay with ranged + shield, you'll have to pick the armor skill too.

That would be my first advises, good luck.

• Like! 1

Yeah, the main focus on the early stage of the game (Lv.1-75) is to get your first three masteries, with the remaining skill points being distributed as you see better fit (CA mods or pumping other skills for instance). After that things are different and the gear you're wearing will further impact on your lower level skills (+all skills; +all combat art skills; etc.), so you need not worry much about them being low level for the time being.

A weapon lore increases your damage and attack speed, so basically it increases your DPS with that weapon allowing you for a better damage output. Pump your weapon with socketed modifiers that suit your needs and you'll be able to get the best of it.

Can't say much about Dryads, never played with them, but in case you still feel like you're faltering you might as well pick up a character guide and follow it to get better acquainted with the mechanics of the game and then proceed with your own design.

• Like! 1

The lore and focus skills are good early investments for modification points and 10-20 points around character level 50. Beyond level 50 and into Platinum and Niobium difficulties I've found thru experience that mastering armor and spell resistance first is a good way to go. Focus skills should stay at 10-20 points until you can put in enough points for mastery. If the Focus skill helps in hitpoint regeneration or spell resistance, then I get it to mastery ASAP.

• Like! 1

From what you describe, you mihht be spreading yourself thin. Capricious hunter and weapon and armor skills are the main ways to boost weapon damage. The skills you choose and your gear choices are different for a magic based dryad. Magic dryads start a bit slower, so you might not get strong until you get to 30 or so. If you're guzzling potions by around 40, your build might be doomed.

The lore and focus skills are good early investments for modification points and 10-20 points around character level 50. Beyond level 50 and into Platinum and Niobium difficulties I've found thru experience that mastering armor and spell resistance first is a good way to go. Focus skills should stay at 10-20 points until you can put in enough points for mastery. If the Focus skill helps in hitpoint regeneration or spell resistance, then I get it to mastery ASAP.

Well, that depends on which build you're playing. ;)

I'm playing melee HE and there's no way I'm not mastering the Delphic skills first. It all comes down to how you play and how fit for survival your character is, though I recon that if you're playing with armour lore that should be one of your priorities for early mastery (better gear, less penalty, lesser regen times for CAs). But to keep answering the OP, the way to go is to keep your toon balanced in terms of defensive and offensive aspects, which is the same to say that you need to invest in skills and skill points that make your toon able to survive at different difficulty levels, as well as being able to kill mobs at the same difficulty levels. It's not an exact science though, I myself have been trying several variations of melee HE for months now in search of the optimal skill set. It takes time, but that's kind of the fun of the game in the end. ;)