Over a billion in gold.

They kind of did. What I did was I built up my monetary stash to a certain amount, went into local area network in multiplayer and cooperative mode, dropped my stash, then saved the game. Then, I just kept going in and collecting the money, then exported my character each time.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually the maximum number isn't that surprising because this is just the range of unsigned int type. As it goes for Sacred 1, it is impossible that they would have used unsigned short int, because it would mean that the maximum gold is 65 535 and we know it isn't. I'd also say that I don't believe they'd use signed types so it's either the same (4 294 967 295) or maybe they used 64-bit type (long long/QWORD) which would give us the maximum amount of 18 446 744 073 709 551 615. But to me, it doesn't make any sense and probably I can safely say: Sacred 1 has the same value of maximum gold as Sacred 2, which would be 4 294 967 295.

Well, if they messed up a little and didn't set it to unsigned, then the maximum value would be 2 147 483 647.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

That is the correct ammount. Any gold above that will result in the corrupted gold value that will enter into a negative value, so it will look like -2,147,483,647.

​Luckily, the gold can be easily dropped.

Edited by Serboi
  • Like! 1

That is the correct ammount. Any gold above that will result in the corrupted gold value that will enter into a negative value, so it will look like -2,147,483,647.

​Luckily, the gold can be easily dropped.

I remember a very amusing set in original Sacred game... gold you carried could be used as a way to "protect" you from damage...

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred:Damage_received_reduces_gold,_saving_health

:lol:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 1 year later...

Basically the game uses hexes a lot and the maximum value for the gold is represented as 0x7FFFFFFF. The Fields used represent a Constant minValue and maxValue of the Gold. The actual minValue of the hexadecimal int32 would be 0x80000000 or -2,147,483,648. 

This isn't only restricted to the gold value, obviously, and can be used to manipulate the character names, too, with different hex codes. Each letter of the name could appear in a different color, given enough space for the character name input. I'm not sure what the maximal value is, but this can be manipulated with all things which are assigned to different hexadecimals. Even icons (signs) themselves could be colored this way by a variety of different hexadecimal outputs. 

• Like! 1