Sacred 2 Gold won't launch in Steam. Please help.

I just bought and downloaded the Sacred Franchise Pack from Steam, but Sacred 2 Gold won't launch. The funny thing is that Sacred 3 runs perfectly. Are there any Steam users that can help me? I don't want to have to get a refund, since that's the only game that doesn't work. I attached a picture file that shows what happens when I try to launch it. Thanks!

I guess the attachment didn't take? Anyway, what it says when I try to launch is "Performing first time setup.... Installing (step of ), but then it just stops, closes, and does nothing. Thanks for any help.

I have Windows 7 but, other than that, I have no idea. I DID read in a steam forum about changing it to run in Vista mode, but I don't know how to do that.

Hi Al.

Steam user here, playing Sacred 2 with just the usual CTD. Can you tell us more about your system (OS, configuration, etc)?

Thanks for helping out Androlion

:)

gogo

Glad to hear...what do you need to do? Just wondering as it could help someone else who might have same prob and sees this thread

• Like! 1

Glad to hear...what do you need to do? Just wondering as it could help someone else who might have same prob and sees this thread

This is awesome Knuckles, great work for Sacred fans!

+++

gogo

• Like! 1

The only thing that kinda sucks about the game is that they took away the "export character" function in options. Other than that, I like it quite a bit.

• Like! 1

The only thing that kinda sucks about the game is that they took away the "export character" function in options. Other than that, I like it quite a bit.

IIRC,that option was only available for Closed Net, so it wouldn't really be applicable now.

I've used it in all modes available now. I used it in Single player when I started my "bank" to get over a billion in gold. I don't know about the other networks, though, since they were closed by the time I was playing.

Edited by altonsy
  • 1 year later...
23 hours ago, Tinour said:

Thanks for the helpful link tinour, and welcome to DarkMatters!

I'll see about messaging that poster there on Steam to see if he'll bring his guide over here to DarkMatters where it can help people here as well

gogo