Lose Modifier Points right away if not used in Sacred 2?

I had both Astral Lord Focus and Lore at level 2, so I thought I was safe, but the game still asked me to spend a modifier point, which I couldn't do at that time because I hadn't eaten any runes from that aspect, yet. If I don't use them right at that moment, do I lose them? Can I keep them until I've eaten a rune for that aspect?

• Like! 1

I was kind of wondering, because you couldn't do that with the Diablo games. I never tried with Sacred.

That must be Diablo 3 you're talking about because I'm positively sure you don't lose unassigned points in the first two.

You don't even get points in Diablo 3, everything just levels up automatically.

I can't think of a single game where you level up, get skill points, and then lose them if you don't spend them right away. I don't know why anyone would think this.

Were you trying to put them in a skill that had too high level for you?

You can only put points in the topmost row at first. The second row opens up at level 6, the third one at 12 and so forth until the last row at level 30. You quite often save up skill points if your initial skill choices are uninteresting for your build, only useful as pre-reqs or one point wonders.

Well, the unspent points didn't go away did they?

It's ages since I've played unmodded Diablo 2 but as far as I remember If, say, you just reached level 30 as a Sorceress you cannot just dump all your points into Frozen Orb. You can put your first point in at level 30, the next one at 31 and so forth.

Actually it's a bit like Sacred now you think about it.