Sacred 2 Gold. Keeps crashing after Beyond the Wall

My game keeps crashing after the Beyond the Wall quest. The first time it crashed, I made it to the Orcish Byway, but couldn't reach the next quest. I'm using a level 9 Shadow Warrior with the shadow veil buff and the sinister pact modifier and also the nether legion buff. I'm playing it on steam.

What kind of crash and on what kind of system? If you're playing on Steam you should have Ice & Blood, and assuming you're on a 64-bit system I'll tell you upfront that the game will crash a lot. Quick save frequently.

One thing to try also if using Steam is to verify game files

Open Steam>Library and then right-click on Sacred Gold...then select Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Also try opening the game in XP SP3 compatibility mode especially if 64 bit

Also install the CM patch. ;)

All of these tricks make the game more stable, but the fact of the matter is that it will still crash. It may take a couple of hours or a couple of minutes but it'll happen. When the game does keep crashing constantly reboot your pc. I've found that this helps when the game keeps halting constantly, probably due to the RAM being flushed out (but I couldn't really tell).

• Like! 1

When it happened, it just froze and made a really annoying sound. I started over and, so far so good. It hasn't crashed once. I'm thinking the glitch had something to do with using shadow veil and sinister pact. It was the first and only time that it happened, so I was concerned.

Like a soundbite on a loop right? Like the last millisecond is stuck on repeat? That's actually very common. I used to have that crash just because I popped several potions at the same time while advancing towards a big horde. Sometimes the fact that I keep the right mouse button constantly pressed (spamming Magic Coup mind you) instead of releasing it and clicking again on a new enemy makes the game weary. Like if the calculation of the movement of my toon was sketchy or something. Weird, but I've found some places where crashes are more common, so I quick save more often, and behaviours that I tend to avoid. Tough ultimately it's all for naught since the usual CTD still occurs from time to time. :D

• Like! 1