How to install Sacred 2 mods in Steam?

It's probably something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold

Install the generic mod enabler to that folder and follow instructions as usual.

I've done that. I just don't know what steam folder to place it in. I tried source mod, like was suggested, but no luck.

Edited by altonsy

The best way is to buy sacred 2 gold on GOG when there's a sale to get it $4 or less LOL. No but seriously, I've had some trouble putting mods in a couple steam games before. I hope someone on here knows the answer for you.

Edited by Zallk
  • Like! 1

I think it's more like some users aren't compatible with mods.

There's no problem with Steam compatibility you're not installing the Generic Mod Enabler to the correct folder. Forget source mod or whatever.

Take a screenshot of where you have it installed so we can see.

I first installed it to the sacred 2 folder :steam\steam apps\common\Sacred 2. After that, I installed it to the sourcemod folder instead of the Sacred 2 folder. I can't give you a screenshot because it's no longer on my computer.

You just need to install it to the game folder, nothing more nothing else. Something like this:

"(drive letter):\...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold"

After that you run the GME and it creates a folder for the mods to be extracted to and you do so. Then you choose which ones to activate and you run the game, et voilá. There's no delphic arcane magic behind it. :P

• Like! 1

You can just install it manually. Just copy the contents (2 folders called "pak" and "scripts") into the Sacred 2 install directory. You'll know it's the right directory because there's already 2 folders called pak and scripts present there.

Well, I did what you said, but the high elf isn't undressed and it seems to think that I'm still using fleet's mod, because the seraphim and dryad look the same as fleet's models, even though I deleted the two folders from his mod so I could try out yours.

I remember getting a program update to something that I had on Steam (Sacred 2 to Sacred 2 Gold, Skyrim to Skyrim GOTY, or something like that) and had a heck of a time getting Steam to recognize the update. I eventually had to add the new Game ID to steam and it instantly became available.

I'm not saying that the Mod has a game ID but perhaps Steam needs to be "refreshed" somehow. At this point, it might be useful to contact Steam and let them know you are having a problem. I bet they can get you sorted fairly quickly.