Sacred 2 Gold Doesn't Work

I have Sacred 2 gold from Deep Silver not from steam, I install pyshcx and it won't start up on windows 7 64bit it works on my other computer with no problem that is a laptop that has windows 7 64bit with no compatibility settings or anything. I don't know what to do this isn't from steam and it doesn't work with steam I don't have steam on my computers. All people talk about is how it works on Steam I got this from the UK.

Have you installed the Securom DRM correctly? That was always a problem for me and usually took a lot of fiddling before it would accept it and allow the game to work. I know that Securom has to be activated manually now and that involves downloading stuff direct from their website.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Installation_and_Activation_Guide

I recommend that you have a look at the GOG website and watch when they put the game on sale next, you can pick up a fully updated copy without any DRM for very little and it has none of the issues of the Deepsilver copies.

Edited by podgie_bear
  • Like! 1

Have you installed the Securom DRM correctly? That was always a problem for me and usually took a lot of fiddling before it would accept it and allow the game to work. I know that Securom has to be activated manually now and that involves downloading stuff direct from their website.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Installation_and_Activation_Guide

I recommend that you have a look at the GOG website and watch when they put the game on sale next, you can pick up a fully updated copy without any DRM for very little and it has none of the issues of the Deepsilver copies.

Great help, Podgie, good seein you and thanks for helping out!

:)

gogo

I have Sacred 2 gold from Deep Silver not from steam, I install pyshcx and it won't start up on windows 7 64bit it works on my other computer with no problem that is a laptop that has windows 7 64bit with no compatibility settings or anything. I don't know what to do this isn't from steam and it doesn't work with steam I don't have steam on my computers. All people talk about is how it works on Steam I got this from the UK.

Great having you here on the boards,

Welcome to DarkMatters JackPorter!

:)

gogo

PhysX has caused lots of problems for lots of people, so you might need to install legacy drivers for it or something. You say you've installed it so maybe that's not the problem, but it's a common one for people. Also, I never play with it enabled since it might kill your framerate.

• Like! 1

actually I hadn't thought of that I probably Activated it to many times I think I have had it install on two PC's, one being my laptop and I think it was on this computer before I had to replace the Hard Drive. I probably have to get it reset.

Thanks, for the advice and welcomes. later.