Returning to the forum after 3 years

Hi all

Don't know if anyone here still knows me but darkmatters just popped into my head and I remembered this website.

@gogo how are you? I see you're still active here

• Like! 1

Hi all

Don't know if anyone here still knows me but darkmatters just popped into my head and I remembered this website.

@gogo how are you? I see you're still active here

Jun, heya!

I was thinking Ogame a few days back, and was thinking of how this forum started up^^ I'm back from Vacay, was a week in Mexico for mom's Bday and am just adjusting to a serious Sun burn :lol:

I remember your great journey to Australia, is your job doing good?

:)

gogo

Hi gogo

You can say my journey to Australia is complete. My baby girl was born last year and just a month ago purchased our own house after renting for 7 years. Are you still playing D3? Is there still a Dark sponsored game?

• Like! 1

Gratz on your baby girl Jun!!, and indeed the house :) I was hooked on D3 ferociously for a year, hundreds of hours, but gave up on HC's lose it all with one mistake philosophy :lol:

No sponsored games at present, though I do think some members are playing some independant games?

gogo

Hey Jun :)

Congratz on the baby girl :D

Some of us are playing Grim Dawn (think D2 without battle.net). Haven't played D3 since the first year it was out. First playthrough was great but not much replayability for me.

• Like! 1

Hi Knuckles. Same here only played D3 for a few months. Did play a few multiplayer sessions with gogo

@gogo not really playing any PC games at the moment. Don't have time because of the baby. I was playing a couple of mobile games before but not much now since we still don't have internet in the new house. The place I moved into is a new suburb so internet facilities are still being constructed. They said it will be finished July or August.

PS Updated my profile pic

Edited by cyclops

Congrats to your daughter.

You are settled - time to plant a tree so you can build a tree-house with your grand-children. Our oldest daughter does half her work in arboristic with planting and cutting trees to grow in a way to allow tree houses ;)

One year old - do you use a day care? The day care law that communities need to have one in germany came too late for mine. With no other kids their age we bought big dogs to play with them.

• Like! 1

Great to see a pic of you and the family.....daughter is now 17 and driving :o....kids are awesome though, you will have a blast watching her grow up.

• Like! 1

I had allways a better feeling when my daughter was driving than one of her friends... One more year and our second will have a driving license for a normal car and all repeats. And in 6 years our third and then in 10 years the twins... guess I will have lost all my hair by then.

• Like! 1

Yes chattius my baby is on daycare Monday to Friday. Not really cheap at around $100 per day but at least me and my wife can both work. It's a very good daycare and no need to prepare food for the baby because it's all inclusive.

You are settled - time to plant a tree so you can build a tree-house with your grand-children. Our oldest daughter does half her work in arboristic with planting and cutting trees to grow in a way to allow tree houses ;)

One year old - do you use a day care? The day care law that communities need to have one in germany came too late for mine. With no other kids their age we bought big dogs to play with them.

• Like! 1

Yes chattius my baby is on daycare Monday to Friday. Not really cheap at around $100 per day but at least me and my wife can both work. It's a very good daycare and no need to prepare food for the baby because it's all inclusive.

There's no govt subsidy for day cares in Australia?

gogo

Day care isn't free in Germany. The law only says that each community has to offer some for an acceptable price and distance. When my children were small the next daycare was 30 minutes away in the opposite direction to work. Kindergarten was in another place and school in a third place. So we did no day care but moved the place my wife worked as a doc to the fire-fighter building in the centre of the village. At good weather they could play with the dog in the garden in front of the building. In a small village you knew everyone and in case of an emergency call (so my wife had to drive outside) there was always some retired older person to look for them.

After the fourth kid we had Au Pair girls. It was more driving now with sport clubs, pathfinders, cinema, ... all things we don't have in our village.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Au_pair

gogo

There is a 50% government subsidy if you are a permanent resident or a citizen but limited to usually 50 hours per week. We're qualified for the subsidy because both me and wifey are working. The $100 is the full price if you're not qualified or you get over the 50 hours limit. Healthcare subsidy here in Australia is quite good. The only problem are these people taking advantage of the system.

• Like! 1

gogo

There is a 50% government subsidy if you are a permanent resident or a citizen but limited to usually 50 hours per week. We're qualified for the subsidy because both me and wifey are working. The $100 is the full price if you're not qualified or you get over the 50 hours limit. Healthcare subsidy here in Australia is quite good. The only problem are these people taking advantage of the system.

Was just reading about this here

In my province of Quebec here in Canada, it used to be 5.00 a month daycare, but they just raised it to 7

gogo

But it's all worth it...having kid(s) is awesome. Like many say...It's the hardest job you'll ever love...that and you will intimately understand what 24/7 means :P

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1