The school of our twins did family sports badges. With 12 years between our oldest daughter and the twins I was the oldest.

And it is really frustrating if you end last at the 800 metre running for fathers and see the disappointed faces of the twins who won their races.

I was 4th at discus and 5th at javelin however.

To everyone surprise I was declared the person with the most points. Seems the point system changes once you are 45+...

But winning in amount of points didn't make me feel young :(

Sorry mate, perhaps you had better stick to e-sports from now on. Or maybe be like me and sit in your comfy chair with a blanket around your knees and moan about the young whippersnappers and how things were better back in our day!

:4rofl:

• Like! 1

It's a grand summer in front of you chattius, loads of time practice for the next race!

and if this is any comfort...your kids running in front of you are little mini copies of yourself, no?

Surely something to feel wonderful about

:gogo:

gogo

My main problem with fast running is my monkey-like body. A virus hid me when I was in my fast growing phase. Normal body and arms, but the legs are a few centimetres too short in relation to them.

So I am quite good at swimming. At athletics I prefer the discus where the shorter legs even allow faster spinning.