Community patch 1.50 not working for me

Hi, I'm new here. I love the CM patch. The 1.30 version works on this game, however 1.50 does not work for me. The error comes up as 5 - it says that it cannot patch the Sacred2Update.exe file. I have the steam version of Sacred 2 Gold 2.65.2. I've checked in my Sacred 2 folder and that file is not there. If someone could give me a link to either the Sacred2Update.exe file or the 1.40 patch, I'd really appreciate. Thanks.

• Like! 1

I was able to find patch 1.40 after a few hours of looking. It works fine on my game. I tried patching 1.50 on top of 1.40 like it said it could do. This time it seems there are files missing, then it says it can't patch sacred2updater.exe. Don't know what's going on, but at least 1.40 works. If someone could help me with 1.50 that would be great! That's in advance.

Hi Sandra. I would uninstall the previous version of the CM Patch first before installing the new one. The uninstaller for 1.40 was supposedly bugged but you might not have any problems.

• Like! 1

Hi, I'm new here. I love the CM patch. The 1.30 version works on this game, however 1.50 does not work for me. The error comes up as 5 - it says that it cannot patch the Sacred2Update.exe file. I have the steam version of Sacred 2 Gold 2.65.2. I've checked in my Sacred 2 folder and that file is not there. If someone could give me a link to either the Sacred2Update.exe file or the 1.40 patch, I'd really appreciate. Thanks.

Hi Sandra, great seeing you're enjoying the game

I've received your pm and have fixed your profile as requested, and glad seeing you 've met Flix

Enjoy Sacred 2, and welcome to DarkMatters!!

:)

gogo

For what is worth I too have the Steam version of Sacred 2 Gold and I have the CM Patch 1.50 installed without having experienced any problems. If you still can't install it I'd suggest making a backup of your saves, delete the game's local content and reinstall it from Steam. Then apply the patch on a fresh install of the game.

• Like! 1

Hello everyone, if I can permit, I would bet that your antivirus is the cause, no? Sacred2update.exe is often seen as a false positive by certain antivirus.

I guess your antivirus is putting the file in quarantaine or something so it's missing now.

Do a fresh install and try to install the CM patch with antivirus/antimalware disabled to see if that helps. (do not worry it's really a false positive, the CM patch team would never put a malicious a program in the patch).

Hope you'll be able to fully enjoy Sacred 2! (you can install too the Items Mod 1.2a Hotfix made by Flix for the install to be complete).

Good luck.

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...