Question regarding item modifiers

Hey everyone!

Just one quick question: are there any rings or amulets (preferrably rings) that add direct elemental damage? (I.e. 56-56 Fire damage)

If there are, are they exclusive to lower (white, blue) class items?

I've been looking for a +poison and +fire ring for ages, but only saw +physical ones. And as far as I remember, none were yellow quality ...

EDIT: also, another question. Any way to increase merchant stock (script-modification or mod)?

EDIT2: oh, I found this one. So what remains is the rings.

Edited by ZsoltF252l246p
  • Like! 1

I don't think you're able to add elemental damage past the socketing of magic pearl/poison fang/etc., and to be honest if you could that would be too overpowered I believe. Your best chance for that is to find a weapon with a really high percentage of elemental magic and at higher difficulty level convert the most of the remaining physical damage to another damage type.

But then again don't let it spread too thin, otherwise the chance for elemental side-effects gets really tiny. ;)

• Like! 1

I don't think you're able to add elemental damage past the socketing of magic pearl/poison fang/etc., and to be honest if you could that would be too overpowered I believe. Your best chance for that is to find a weapon with a really high percentage of elemental magic and at higher difficulty level convert the most of the remaining physical damage to another damage type.

But then again don't let it spread too thin, otherwise the chance for elemental side-effects gets really tiny. ;)

Yah, well, my seraphim is a Dual-wielder, and I have Magic, Fire, Physical and a paltry amount of Ice damages. Magic and Fire are dominant due to the sockets (I'm using Remnants of Drizzt btw). I could also go for different sockets, as Ice and Magic are available on the two, but that would phock up the effects (one magic, one fire). Also, I'm using 80% conversion sockets from Niob, as those look best. I was hoping to add some poison damage via a ring into the Gold socket, but I guess it just doesn't go as planned ...

Yeah I get what you mean. The thing is, having a tiny bit of all damage types doesn't really do you any good because they'll be small amounts when you put them up against the mobs' resistance types. If you're a dual-wielder I think it's best to have two weapon slots with four one-handed weapons and have each one of them feature a different socketable elemental damage type. With the Niob conversion rate you can have, like you say, 80% conversion to two specific damage types. And since mobs very rarely have high resistance against three damage types (excluding physical that is) you'll have more versatility in terms of breaking resistances and a much higher chance to cause secondary effects that actually hurt. ;)

Trust me, it's much more efficient than having all damage types in two weapons in smaller amounts (and you really don't need that behind looking good). It just needs a tiny bit of micromanagement in terms of shifting the weapons as needed, other than that it's very easy to do it that way.

Yeah I get what you mean. The thing is, having a tiny bit of all damage types doesn't really do you any good because they'll be small amounts when you put them up against the mobs' resistance types. If you're a dual-wielder I think it's best to have two weapon slots with four one-handed weapons and have each one of them feature a different socketable elemental damage type. With the Niob conversion rate you can have, like you say, 80% conversion to two specific damage types. And since mobs very rarely have high resistance against three damage types (excluding physical that is) you'll have more versatility in terms of breaking resistances and a much higher chance to cause secondary effects that actually hurt. ;)

Trust me, it's much more efficient than having all damage types in two weapons in smaller amounts (and you really don't need that behind looking good). It just needs a tiny bit of micromanagement in terms of shifting the weapons as needed, other than that it's very easy to do it that way.

Nah, I'm a sucker for looking good (hence why I model-edited some parts of the Megalcarwen set to that of the Sophia set, and the Drizzt swords to the Guardian's Blade - which is a port from Hellgate:London btw. Was surprised it wasn't stated on the Sacred 2 Wiki). Also, since I have Damage Lore, I actually find the option to poison quite important. Doing something to that end is in the works currently. The other elemental damages are no prob, all covered. I just don't want to blaze a trail of smog or mist, which is why I chose Fire and Magic elemental damages to place on my weapons.

Meh, well, I'll have to find some way to get some poison damage then. Which is a shame, as I like the Drizzt set, and wouldn't want to change it to something else. Same for the Megalcarwen set.

If anyone does know some item (or set) that grants Poison damage in hard points, I'm open to suggestions.

• Like! 1

If your point is to cause extra damage via Damage Lore and secondary elemental effects then why don't you use just fire and poison as socketable damage types? Because bleed is out of the question with an 80% conversion rate, and freeze and weaken don't do any damage. Unless your point is to trigger all five (or at least the more the better) with each hit. If that's the case then I restate what I said, you need weapons (uniques or legendaries) with kind of 50/50 base damage physical and the rest as elemental. That way you can have more bang for your buck, and if not all five effects at least you can have four at best (two per weapon).

• Like! 1

You know you just can't have it all your way don't you?! :P

Anyway, with the purple/green Power of NIF sabers both socketed with a poison fang you can have all five channel damage, or in alternative you can use the red/blue ones and slap a poison fang/ice crystal on each and call it a day as well. You probably won't get better than that in causing all channels damage and secondary effects.

I'm actually curious how much damage your build will actually cause considering the extra damage from the weapons/secondary effects/damage lore. It seems like a cool project. :)

Well, it's on hold for now. I had surgery, so I'm recuperating atm, but I jumped ship to a new Death Warrior.

Currently, I'm trying to understand how I can change a ring into an amulet via the scripts. Moreover, a set one.

Life ain't a cakewalk, kids :cstars:

EDIT: Oh, I managed to do that pretty easily. Now I only need to know how to change the in-game models of items (as in, the inventory models), and I'm good to go. :pirate:

Edited by ZsoltF252l246p