Fallout and Windows 10

I was in the middle of my 5th or 6th play through of Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas when I started up my 64-bit Windows 10 system to continue. First thing, it let me know there was an update waiting, so, like a fool, I let it install.

When the restart had finished, I tried to play the two games mentioned above only to find they no longer worked! Anyone have any workable suggestions to get them to work again?

I have tried compatibility mode multiple times but nothing listed works. The problem is, the games were installed from disk and have several Mods installed that I don't want to do without. Having said that, I even tried playing a virgin game with the same results. :(

Sorry Spock. No advice, only sympathy. And why I will never touch Windows 10! My 2 machine are Win7 for everyday use and a WinXP machine for my older games that dual boots with Linux. I have lost all confidence in Microsoft I'm afraid ever since they decided to make their new OS act more like a virus than an OS!

Disclaimer: I have never had to do this so no idea how well it works

Did a little Googling and came across this site explaining how to remove/rollback Windows updates. Hopefully it'll work for you.

http://www.howtogeek.com/206271/how-to-roll-back-or-uninstall-a-problematic-windows-update/

+++ @ Knuckles/MacGyyver!

:hugs:

gogo

Disclaimer: I have never had to do this so no idea how well it works

Did a little Googling and came across this site explaining how to remove/rollback Windows updates. Hopefully it'll work for you.

http://www.howtogeek.com/206271/how-to-roll-back-or-uninstall-a-problematic-windows-update/

Thank you. I think I will have to do that. The only problem is, I will also have to turn automatic updates off or it will just reinstall the same thing all over again. :(