Sacred 2 Gold Ice & Blood not going through setup

Ok, we can solve this ... So the problem is this all setups are good everythings works fine and after that the deep silver, ascaron entertaiment and etc. should come. But only black screen with mouse with sacred skin comes (this lasts 10-15 seconds) and after that, again it show all setups with new thing :

Connecting to local server .... TIME OUT

Exiting...

and it crashes. I tried alot of solutions (windows mode, New PhysX version, Compatibility on XP3, Disabling laptop DLL and more)

BUT sometimes it works ... idk why but when I reinstall the game it maybe will start. After 2 succesful starts the game does the black screen again. So now I came here to get help, pls I want to play this game I love this game sooooo much <3.

Edited by IronB
  • Like! 1

Proccesor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz

RAM: 2.0 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, Dedicated Memory: 500 MB, Total Memory: 1.2 GB, Pixel Shader Version: 4.0, Vertex Shader Version: 4.0

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Dont quite understand the second question, but ill try to write here what you want : (retail ?,gog ?, it's a steam version and gold version, I dont think I've putted anny addons so only basic, and CM-patch I tried andt same thing happened.)

Edited by IronB

Hi Iron, I did a quick search and maybe it is related to your firewall. Try to momentarily deactivate it just to see if this is the problem. If this works, then you surely have to put a rule. Let's see.

22:00 Ok I tried : Accept program in Windows Firewall and I saw this : Sacred 2 Game Server, Sacred 2 Game Server ... 4 times and 2 of them were off so maybe thats the problem, gonna turn it on now and lets see.

22:05 Ok still doesn't work ill try to uninstall and lets see.

22:31 Nope still doesn't work

Edited by IronB

hmm strange, I would have swear it would have worked. Doesn't your antivirus do firewall too?

If you have one of these programs installed, try to deactivate them (found on another thread):

*anti-virus/spyware, graphics overclocking tool or firewall related

*PowerDVD (don't ask me why this one, apparently it can interfere)

*Xfire

*Punkbuster not in its latest version

*check if Sacred 2 is really uptodate (should be 2.65.1 or 2.65.2)

Else I don't know sorry.

I have ESET and I tried it to turn off and I even tried it without the firewall .. but now I dont remember if I turned off both... ok ill try again. (But like half a year ago the game worked just fine and I even done the campaign so thats why im trying so hard .. if it would start from the first time I would be p!ssed but then say k I lost ''some money'' and bye.)

Xfire ? I dont have it

Same Punkbuster wth is that

and Sacred 2 Gold is 2.65.2 build 1873 or something like that.

Nope turned off eset and firewall and still doesnt work ...

Edited by IronB

Do you run sacred2.exe in admin mode? I think yes but just in case...

I don't know sorry, never seen that error. On some threads I saw that some program may interfere but you have to do long and boring manip and not even sure if it will work, some were also talking about DNS but don't know. I put you the link if you really want to investigate more: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/933200-sacred-2-fallen-angel/48584953

:OO IT'S WORKING !! I Performed a ''clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program'' and its working !

If someone has this problem copy this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/331796 and u will get solution THANK YOU ALL FOR SUPPORT U ALL ARE THE BEST !! <3<3<3<3<3.

Edited by IronB
  • 5 years later...

I had the same issue with Windows 10. In my case , Windows 10 UAC would not let the local game server (s2gs.exe) start , so the game could not initialize.  Some work arounds are

1) Run Game as admin. Easy and secure.

2) Disable UAC. Not as easy, and lowers security of you system.

I chose 2 so that I could stream the game using the Steam in-home streaming feature. Since steam service doesn't run as admin, it cannot access the game that is running as admin. If that makes sense.

• Like! 1