How to edit global.res with s2rw

Caledor

Hi! I'm making a mod for my sister. I'm making a set named "Anna's Dance" (Cuz her name is Anna, and she dances), And I'm planning on having four items in it:

Anna's Sway (Chest)

Anna's Grip (Gloves)

Anna's Twirl (Belt)

Anna's Movement (Leg)

I know you have to edit the global.res file to name things, but I don't know how, other than modifying current names, which I don't want to do because I just made new set items. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance! :D

Run the program, then look for the text box next to "Our own hash"

k7jMhv3.jpg

You'll need the blueprint ID of your new item. Type BLUEPRINT_XXXX where "XXXX" is the blueprint ID of the item. Then click "Our own hash." It will generate the hash for the new item. Paste that number into the decoded global texts and add the name of the item next to it. Remember the space between number and name is a single <TAB> not two spaces!

When you add new entries to global.res you have to be sure to add a + at the end of the command when you encode it. So the command would look like:

S2rw.v1.7.exe globalEn_texts.txt En+

Good luck. I hope your sister likes her items. :)

• Like! 1

Thanks! I thought you were supposed to try to make the number yourself, and I had no idea how to do that. This is very useful information. For the set name, would it be the same, but with a keyword like "BLUEPRINT-SET" instead of "BLUEPRINT"?

:)

The format would be SET_XXX

There's also CREATURE_XXXX for new entries in creatures.txt, and TASKCREATURE_XXXX and TASKITEM_XXXX for quest-related creatures and items in quest.txt

There's probably lots more, but the online knowledge base made by the creators of the tool was lost in some kind of freak occurrence. Using the tool for me has been a bit like finding a crashed alien spaceship and trying to figure out how to make it fly again. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have one more question: Where do I encode it? I kind of forgot since the last time I've done it... sorry to bother you after such a long time, I know you're very busy! I just kind of forget. (Somehow).

The "system" folder. Put the program and the decoded texts in that folder and then use command prompt - I just make a shortcut to command prompt and set it to start in the "system" folder.

If you mean where does the new text go within global_texts then just follow numerical order.

Thanks so much! I really wouldn't be anywhere in modding without you.

EDIT: Not that I really am anywhere big in modding, but...

Edited by DevanT249Sacred2

Okay. Just to confirm (sorry!), I get the hash of the item. I put that hash and the name I am assigning to that hash into the globalEn_texts.txt file, I put them all in the "system" folder, I enter the command line, copy and paste the global.res_EN_new file into the global.res file in the en_UK folder, then the names exist in-game? (Really sorry to bother you again!)

Okay. Just to confirm (sorry!), I get the hash of the item. I put that hash and the name I am assigning to that hash into the globalEn_texts.txt file, I put them all in the "system" folder, I enter the command line, copy and paste the global.res_EN_new file into the global.res file in the en_UK folder, then the names exist in-game? (Really sorry to bother you again!)

Yes, that is exactly what I do. Did it not work for you?

• 8 months later...
Flix as we talk about PM, follow the error that occurs when opening the program that opens the "Global.res":

He says he is not finding the game's executable.

Remembering that I bought the game for Steam, Gold version of the game.

I'm using Windows 8.1, I do not know if this influences the program that opens the "Global.res"

It only has one executable and one .dll, all the files are already there. And yet it still makes that mistake.

Flix do you use which Windows there? Can you normally open the file there on your PC? Could it be that version of Steam that I bought?

• 9 months later...

I managed to open this files

but I have no idea what to do

for example: I try to edit the name of a skillmodification, because I chanced the effekt in the spells.txt

how do I change the existing text for that skill mod?

• 10 months later...
On 9/14/2015 at 11:23 PM, Flix said:

If you want to decode global.res, then s2rw needs to be in the same folder, so inside the locale folder for your language. For decoding you can just run the program and go from there.

For encoding, it needs to be in the Sacred 2 system folder (so I have two copies of s2rw sitting in my Sacred 2 folder). For encoding you have to use command prompt. Direct it to start in the /system folder and enter the command:

S2rw.v.1.7exe globalEn_texts.txt En+

That's for English. For Italian it would look like:

S2rw.v.1.7.exe globalIt_texts.txt It+

The language abbreviations are "De", "En, "Fr", "Ru", "Cz", "Pl", "It", "Hu", and "Sp".

This also assuming you didn't rename the decoded text file to something else.

Guy... whenever I do this from "access denied"
Help me!!!:Just_Cuz_21:

• The title was changed to How to edit global.res with s2rw

I've merged two major threads into this topic, as both had the same subject: how to edit the game texts (global.res).  This question comes up a lot and it's good to have all useful info in one discussion.

I'm adding this to the discourse: attached is every Loka-ID in the game texts, along with the corresponding hash.  A Loka-ID is the construction used to generate a hash in s2rw - most famous example is BLUEPRINT_XXXX , where XXXX is the item's ID in blueprint.txt.

Using this file and some brainpower, one should be able extrapolate the Loka-ID for any text they wished to add to the game.

My most recent discovery is how to add the "Can be forged into weapons" line into damage converter tooltips.  Construction is: BLUEPRINT_XXXX_ATMO . This could also be used to add "flavor text" to uniques and legendaries like some other games have.

DOWNOAD:

hashes_LokaIDs.All.zip

• The topic was pinned
7 hours ago, Hammerhorde said:

Where is the link for the tool? Googling the tool leads to more questions about where it is?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0ya3wkb6fja3kiv/S2rw.v1.7.zip

Found it in another thread on here.  There are so many threads about editing game texts but I didn't want to get too merge-happy.

If you search the forum for "s2rw" you might find some more useful info on here.