How to edit global.res with s2rw

Caledor

4 minutes ago, Hammerhorde said:

I get this error when I go to repack the global file.

You typed "s2wr" instead of "s2rw".

I also recommend running it from the game's "system" folder.

Ok I found the issue. I was following the step by step the guy a few posts above laid out. First, he did the spelling mistake , so copying that line will mess anyone up. Second he didn`t mention you need to rename the globalDE file to global EN. I was getting all these errors. After fixing those and renaming the new  global file, I`m happy to say it worked!

• Thanks! 1

The language modifier like "EN" will change depending on your localization.  I don't recommend renaming the file, instead change the command you use to match the file name.

GlobalEn_texts.txt -- English

GlobalDe_texts.txt -- German

GlobalFr_texts.txt -- French

Etc...

13 minutes ago, Hammerhorde said:

First, he did the spelling mistake , so copying that line will mess anyone up

I'll fix it. I could have sworn I've written out those instructions 100 times, I didn't realize his were the only one in this thread.

Yeah. His run through was all in one post in order so it was easier then sifting through the multiple posts. You also have to remember not everyone might know what you are talking about at first or understand the instructions when it isn`t written out in tutorial form, but in bits and pieces over a two page thread. Was kind of hard to follow since I was unfamiliar with the procedures of modifying the file. Like if he didn`t explain how to get that command prompt thing working, I`d still be clicking the exe cursing that it wouldn`t work. Now that I finally know, it was a breeze and I`m glad he typed that.

I think when I got the DE file it was my error when I clicked the for the EN on the decode from the drop down. The second time I did it, it came out correctly. It`s easy to make mistakes when trying different methods of modding so it can be frustrating. I don`t want anyone to feel any type of way because I couldn`t figure it out at first. That is why I posted with the screens so you guys could show me what I was doing wrong so I could learn it properly. Thanks for the assist.

Merged some more smaller topics about using S2RW.exe into this thread, and also stickied the whole thing, since more people are diving into this aspect of modding Sacred 2.

• 2 months later...
13 horas atrás, Flix disse:

Olá e bem-vindo.

Não deve haver espaço entre En e + no final do comando.

Você também não precisa fazer "+", a menos que tenha adicionado novos hashes ao arquivo.

Tks, mano !! Funcionou! 

Tenha um ótimo dia !!

Edited by BIRILOVE
  • Like! 1
  • 8 months later...
9 hours ago, felipemamedefranco said:

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create my own Sacred 2 set, but when I encode the globalEn_texts.txt file with the new hashes, the S2rw creates a global.res file without the hashes added.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Felipe, so happy that :Dmitriy was able to help you out!

Enjoy the game, the mod and this amazing community

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• 1 year later...

@Lindor  I can't find the last place where we were talking about tracking down certain things in global.res, so I'll just post this here with the rest of the global.res stuff.

I have a very useful file, that is all of the hashes and corresponding Loka-ID's from the last official release of the game (from the decoded german global.res, I believe).

Using this you can cross-reference what lines of text are linked to what functions, as well as how to construct pretty much any Loka-ID you might ever need.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10oCMnqKRq7rG6MUHRZ1asqd9KyRHepUQ/view?usp=sharing

• Thanks! 1
35 minutes ago, Flix said:

@Lindor  I can't find the last place where we were talking about tracking down certain things in global.res, so I'll just post this here with the rest of the global.res stuff.

I have a very useful file, that is all of the hashes and corresponding Loka-ID's from the last official release of the game (from the decoded german global.res, I believe).

Using this you can cross-reference what lines of text are linked to what functions, as well as how to construct pretty much any Loka-ID you might ever need.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10oCMnqKRq7rG6MUHRZ1asqd9KyRHepUQ/view?usp=sharing

It was a discussion across multiple threads, I think the last post was here:

On 4/7/2022 at 3:39 AM, Flix said:

Loka-ID's: QUEST_XXXX_TITLE or QUEST_XXX_CAPTION depending on whether it's a quest or sub-quest (as in chain quests).

And thanks, this is indeed very useful! I'm currently into graphics stuff, but there are various things on my to-do-list where this is exactly what I need!

• 1 year later...
On 6/15/2023 at 12:47 AM, Kashenkon said:

Hello, I am new on this site here, but not new into modding.

After download / install the "Community Patch" and playing the game, I found strange or wrong translates and many typo's in the german language. I was try to found all of them and correct it.
Some NPCs, Monsters or items was not translated, like "Rogers Raving Razor". They are translated now.
Only those item names like "Lord Waynes Playerkiller" or references to real persons like "DarkEagle" are not translated, because german players normally not translate from those special words.

Download global.res (DE)

But fairly I have to tell some worth mentioning changes for german (or other) players:

[1.]
The set "Feld, Wald und Wiese" (Range Array) is translated wrong, but since this used for many years, I dont change the set name. As a fan of the "Matrix" movies, I changed the designations from the set parts after reading the descriptions on Sacred Wiki (Range Array). Now all parts has the Name "Trinity's" inside it, for a better reference to the movies.

There exist another global.res version on the german forum "Sacred Legends". I changed on this version the set name to "Bereichsmatrix", this is more closer to the english name. If anyone cares about it, so download it there.

[2.]
The set "Origin of the Seraish" has now the correct lore name "Sereish".

Fact: All other items (like this one) are called "Sereish", this set in Sacred 1 too.
As another reference: One NPC in Sacred 2 is called "Heritage Keeper Sereish".

Note: I suggest, to change this typo in the english language too.

[3.]
The set "Megalcarwen's Garments of Mutation" has been corrected too. In Sacred 1 you can follow a "lovestory" between the Dark Elf Laurelinad and the Wood Elf Maegalcarwen. So this set use now the right lore name of the female Wood Elf from Sacred 1.

Note: I suggest here too, to change this typo (the missing "a") in the english language.

Important Notice:
I was NOT correct other sets, like "Niokaste" or "Nikotaste". Only the wrong translations and confirmed lore names, mentioned above here.

Thank you for the Community Patch!

Hi Kashenkon!

I'm not a modder  enjoy welcoming new members to the community... specially Sacred Players :hugs: I'm hoping that someone who's got some more knowledge here will be able to help, and do think that the creators of the patch (so many of them for years! :bounce: ) will always appreciate an honest thanks.

You're here in our little Sacred corner of the universe, enjoy your stay, this game and all of its beautiful mods.

once again, welcome!

:gogo:

gogo

• Thanks! 1
5 hours ago, Lindor said:

Much appreciated. With your permission I'd like to integrate your work in my mod. I've been working on it for years now and it won't be finished any time soon, but the day it gets released you would get mentioned in the "thanks to" section.

Go ahead with this.

I was share my work, for exactly those occasions.

:dance2:

• Appreciation 1