How to edit global.res with s2rw

Caledor

7 hours ago, Kashenkon said:

Today I found more typos, a new version is up.

Download from my post above is changed, so you can download there.

Ich erlaube dir, meine Global.res vom DE Forum für dich zu nutzen. Nimm was du brauchst, oder lass dich inspirieren.

On 6/14/2023 at 11:47 PM, Kashenkon said:

Hello, I am new on this site here, but not new into modding.

After download / install the "Community Patch" and playing the game, I found strange or wrong translates and many typo's in the german language. I was try to found all of them and correct it.
Some NPCs, Monsters or items was not translated, like "Rogers Raving Razor". They are translated now.
Only those item names like "Lord Waynes Playerkiller" or references to real persons like "DarkEagle" are not translated, because german players normally not translate from those special words.

Download global.res [DE]

But fairly I have to tell some worth mentioning changes for german (or other) players:

[1.]
The set "Feld, Wald und Wiese" (Range Array) is translated wrong, but since this used for many years, I dont change the set name. As a fan of the "Matrix" movies, I changed the designations from the set parts after reading the descriptions on Sacred Wiki (Range Array). Now all parts has the Name "Trinity's" inside it, for a better reference to the movies.

There exist another global.res version on the german forum "Sacred Legends". I changed on this version the set name to "Bereichsmatrix", this is more closer to the english name. If anyone cares about it, so download it there.

[2.]
The set "Origin of the Seraish" has now the correct lore name "Sereish".

Fact: All other items (like this one) are called "Sereish", this set in Sacred 1 too.
As another reference: One NPC in Sacred 2 is called "Heritage Keeper Sereish".

Note: I suggest, to change this typo in the english language too.

[3.]
The set "Megalcarwen's Garments of Mutation" has been corrected too. In Sacred 1 you can follow a "lovestory" between the Dark Elf Laurelinad and the Wood Elf Maegalcarwen. So this set use now the right lore name of the female Wood Elf from Sacred 1.

Note: I suggest here too, to change this typo (the missing "a") in the english language.

Important Notice:
I was NOT correct other sets, like "Niokaste" or "Nikotaste". Only the wrong translations and confirmed lore names, mentioned above here.

Thank you for the Community Patch!

Welcome to the forums.  You might find it useful to refer to, or even use a base to work from, the file jwiz produced on correcting the German texts. 

While technically prepared for the Enhanced Edition, the texts should work fine with CM Patch 1.60.  I have no way to really gauge how many typos, mistranslations, or other errors he corrected, but it might be worth checking so as to at least avoid potentially unnecessary duplication of effort.

1 hour ago, Dax said:

Ich erlaube dir, meine Global.res vom DE Forum für dich zu nutzen. Nimm was du brauchst, oder lass dich inspirieren.

In den englischsprachigen Foren gewöhne ich mir immer an, englisch zu schreiben damit jeder mitlesen kann. Daher fällt meine Antwort auf Englisch aus:

Which one did you mean? Can you put a link?

I was just take the file from the CM Patch and edited it.
If this one was your work before, then may Lindor credit you too. It doesn't matter to me.

4 minutes ago, Flix said:

Welcome to the forums.  You might find it useful to refer to, or even use a base to work from, the file jwiz produced on correcting the German texts. 

While technically prepared for the Enhanced Edition, the texts should work fine with CM Patch 1.60.  I have no way to really gauge how many typos, mistranslations, or other errors he corrected, but it might worth checking so as to at least avoid potentially unnecessary duplication of effort.

Its nine years ago. This global.res is already inside the patch?

26 minutes ago, Flix said:

I will take a look inside it.

I just checked it... so many typos, which I was corrected, are still there.
Like "Harlgrim" instead of correct name "Halgrim" or the wrong translations of the Matrix-Set.

Edited by Kashenkon
File was checked, no need to wrote a new post
10 hours ago, Kashenkon said:

It is a text based overhaul for S1 which gives +1 to all attributes. Since I believe, that the door always swings to both sides, aka modders help each other, I give it free for Sacred 2.
Yes, S1 will take a minor hit because of that and will loose some hitpoints, but after giving it some belly rubs and putting a plaster on it, it is all good again. So I will send it to you via pm. You might take what you want.

On 6/19/2023 at 7:51 PM, Flix said:

Strictly speaking, neither English nor German names are translations for the Matrix Set.  The creator Pesmontis made both sets of names simultaneously and intentionally. 

I didn't mean to claim that all your changes would somehow also be replicated, but rather that this file might be a better base to work from since it has 9 years of additional corrections from the community. 

I was understood your point. Don't worry.

And Pesmontis himself was translate the Matrix Set into german language? Are you very sure?
I know that's a set what he created and then its put into the Community Patch, but his english designations are perfect. And the german translations are wrong, like someone use a bad google translator for this. I cant see the point, why the belt with coat of arms on the side, translated into "arm guards" in german words. Thats why I check that set step by step and give the right designations. My english will never be perfect (wrong grammar), because its not my mother language, but I can translate from english into german with no problems.

About this 9 year old file... kinda 50% of all found typos what I corrected, are still in this file. So I have to search them again, correct again... so I prefer to keep work on that file, what I already corrected and translated.

1 hour ago, Kashenkon said:

I

About this 9 year old file... kinda 50% of all found typos what I corrected, are still in this file. So I have to search them again, correct again... so I prefer to keep work on that file, what I already corrected and translated.

It's not 9 years old, it's from only a few months ago. 

• zomgod! 1
1 hour ago, Kashenkon said:

So I have to search them again, correct again... so I prefer to keep work on that file, what I already corrected and translated.

On future versions could you maybe cross-reference on the file you ultimately decided to use? I don't want everything from the file, just the changes you made, so I have to compare your file with the original to get only your translations. Or alternatively, if there was a file with just your changes, that would also be nice:)