Editing each Region Minimum and Maximum level?

I'm having trouble editing different regions of the game and having it stick in-game.

Playing with the latest CM Patch.

Basically, what I want to accomplish is this:

1) each region (high elf, human, orc, swamp, etc.) having its own minimum level

2) that will be across all difficulties. So if Human (Artamark) region is set to level 50-200, that will take effect for Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Niobium.

I was able to edit "balance.txt" so enemies at each difficulty can be started at level 1 ( LevelMinForDiff = {1,1,1,1,1} ).

This somewhat works in-game. Enemies around Sloeford were at level 1, regardless of difficulty.

I was able to edit "region.txt" so each region has its own distinct minimum level. Example: Dryad (Dyr Lain) region was set to 115 ( minLevel = 115 ).

This doesn't work in-game at all. Exploring the Dryad region yields level ~20 enemies, regardless of difficulty, even though they should be at level 115.

Anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong? There must be something I've overlooked or something.

Any help is appreciated.

• Like! 1

I doubt it's possible. I think there's some hidden scaling factor that's not clear in the scripts.

Try adjusting "AllEnemy_lvl" in balance.txt and see what happens.

• Like! 1

I doubt it's possible. I think there's some hidden scaling factor that's not clear in the scripts.

Try adjusting "AllEnemy_lvl" in balance.txt and see what happens.

Appears to not be possible. The "AllEnemy_lvl" changes (with various increments of 0, 1, 250, 3000) doesn't do anything to enemy levels.