Uncharacteristic builds

Check it out:

20161016022114_1_zps3xxhjq1n.jpg

I do have CM Patch installed. No other mods active or anything else, just the vanilla Sacred 2 Ice and Blood with the added CM Pacth on top of it.

Send me your blueprint.txt. bengeddes@Yahoo.com if you don't use any filesharing sites.

Ohhh, ok here we go:

newBlueprint = {
  id = 1849,
  name = "set_shadowwarrior_tactics_belt",
  palettebits = "1111111111111111",
  dmgvariation = 0,
  minconstraints = {15,13,0},
  lvljump = 15,
  usability = 0,
  allotment_pmfpi = {900,0,100,0,0},
  uniquename = "set",
  specialuseonly = 0,
  bonusgroup0 = {671,1150,10,9,0},
  bonusgroup1 = {462,1250,10,9,0}, -- This is Exalted Warrior Focus
  bonusgroup2 = {418,1150,10,9,0},
  bonusgroup3 = {749,1000,10,9,0},
  bonusgroup4 = {751,1000,10,9,1},
  itemtypes = {2698,},
  wearergroups = {'WEARGROUP_CENTURIO',},
}
mgr.createBlueprint(1849, newBlueprint);

It's scripted to have Exalted Warrior focus in the current version of the game! That's why it's there. It used to be Concentration, then it "disappeared" in Ice and Blood. In my game as well, it's not there, but neither is EW Focus. Just two bonuses in my game: Stamina and HP Regen. That's why this bug was not caught. EW Focus seems to be invisible for most people. I can only wonder at why are we seeing different results with identical item blueprints and downloads.

Regardless, it's easily fixed. What should it be replaced with do you think? Concentration? Or Malevolent Champion Focus?

I've sent you the file. I did a quick search and the values are indeed as the ones you posted here.

Malevolent Champion Focus fits better I reckon, considering all the other bonuses on the set. ;)

PS: To fix this bug it's necessary to change the blueprint.txt right? So how are other players going to have the bug corrected? Just curious.

Edited by Androdion
  • Like! 1

PS: To fix this bug it's necessary to change the blueprint.txt right? So how are other players going to have the bug corrected? Just curious.

In D2F. It's where I've been funneling all the various fixes for the game.

It might be worthwhile to post a bug report in the CM Patch bugtracker, but I get the feeling there probably won't be another release, at least not for a long time.

What I should do is compile all the changes that are strictly fixes and CM Patch-appropriate content and then post them on the bugtracker myself. I could even release an unofficial Patch update myself. Alas, there are only 24 hours in a day though ~sigh~

Cool to know that D2F is much more than a mod! If I ever manage to exhaust the content of I&B I should be heading there. ;)

In any case would you be so kind as to give me the identifier for Malevolent Champion Focus? That way I can edit my own blueprint.txt and have it corrected on the SW set. And thanks to you I already know which value to change. :)

By the way, I started fooling around with the concept of a Captain America build, but more of an Inquisitor-like variant without Shield Lore. The idea is to abuse Reflective Emanation with the modifications to reflect melee/ranged/CA combined with Grim Resilience for HP/HP regen. It was just day one today but I'm confident with some of the experiments I've done. I picked up one of my own Lv.75 blank templates and started Niobium with that build. So far I can survive, I'll see how well it fares in tougher grounds than Sloeford.

Edited by Androdion

Oh, dude so much more than just a mod. The sheer amount of unused, Ascaron-made creatures and items alone is mind-boggling. I didn't even have to work on many of them, they were just sitting there, all the models, textures and scripts in place, just needing the right creature ID or blueprint ID assigned.

Malevolent Champion Focus = 457,

Interestingly enough this bonus doesn't appear on any of the SW's uniques or set items.

Judging by the Wiki, Denderan's set lost a lot of bonuses when Ice and Blood came out. I'll go ahead and check the other set pieces to make sure this was intentional and not more bonus typos like on the belt.

The Inquisitor can strap on a shield with Enhanced Spells installed.

You've got a lot to play around with then, and gladly so do we. ;)

OK, so I backed up the blueprint.txt and changed the 462 with 457 and launched the game. Two things went horribly wrong. One, the game removed every bonus from every piece of equipment and even attribute values were down to zero (Holy Hannah!?!). And two, once I reloaded the saved game with the original blueprint.txt... well, every socketed items was dead and gone. Thankfully it only happened to the save I loaded with the altered server file, so no changes occurred on my other saves, which is the only positive thing to have happened. There goes Captain America! I'll have to start it from scratch...

Oh well, that'll teach me to also backup save files. Please let me know if you happen to know what I did wrong so I can amend it.

PS: Interesting word filter there. :D

Most likely you left out a comma, or added one, like: 457,, Rookie mistake.

Blueprint.txt is definitely one of the more catastrophic scripts to mess up. Sorry you had to learn the hard way. Happens to me occasionally even after all these years, so I just keep a backup save folder full of test characters who have been ravaged by my modding ineptitude.

If you can't spot the mistake, copy-paste the blueprint entry on here and I'll find it.

Well, that could've happened yes, except I was very careful only to replace the specific value. I tried it twice before I went to sleep and tried it again now, same thing happens. No extra or missing commas, no extra or missing spaces... Don't really know how it would go wrong. I even searched for the ID string below (and they're there, assigned to the specific skill) and that's the one, so again I can't say what went wrong.

Give it a try on your end and see what happens if you will.

The Ninja at 118

astral focus 118 (6)

armour 5

taktics lore 75 (1)

concentration 75 (1)

combat discipline 75 (5)

death warrior 75 (1)

malevolent 15 (7)

toughness 1

shield lore 1

smith 75 (4)

all stat points vitality

Needed modifiers:

death blow: vehemence, poisoning, life leech

shadow veil: creep, nimble, sinister pact

Vehemence adds area effect to the double shield hits. We prefer to fight mid in a group.

Nimble: we run fast and invisible mid into the enemies or right to the boss. But we want to fight groups, so staying invisible and having the enemies spread out because they can't see us is bad. So we don't need the big radius to cast spells undetected.

My daughter did astral focus first to 5 because she started with skeletal fortification (see this as an ninja made arrow trap) to support her bow shooting and later fighting. The number in () brakets are the order the skills were maxed.

She has a Kira shield of level 80 which doesn't need maxed shield lore but blocks very nicely with a single point already. What she wishes is a shield which looks like a combat fan :blush:

Give it a try on your end and see what happens if you will.

I already did yesterday. Works fine. It's called Tactical Warfare in D2F, but that's just a text change, the script is the same.

F0fNPjN.jpg

Just paste your entry on here, or send me your new blueprint.txt. I can find the error quite easily.

@Flix - I've sent you my original blueprint.txt yesterday to your email account. The only actual change I did to it was to the 462 value, nothing else, which is why it's so weird it doesn't work... :(

@Chattius - Thanks for posting that build, seems quite nice. :)

So she's using invisibility as a tactic and mastered Concentration for tripple buffing right? Did she start with weapons to make the build playable and then turned to weaponless fighting when it became a possibility? At what level was that then?

Sorry, curious bloke is curious. :)

Edited by Androdion

@Flix - I've sent you my original blueprint.txt yesterday to your email account. The only actual change I did to it was to the 462 value, nothing else, which is why it's so weird it doesn't work... :(

Yes, I used the blueprint.txt you sent me (thanks) and it works fine. Changing the bonus in that file to 457 also worked fine and produced the picture you saw above. It's crystal clear to me you made a typo somewhere in that file you're not seeing.

newBlueprint = {
  id = 1849,
  name = "set_shadowwarrior_tactics_belt",
  palettebits = "1111111111111111",
  dmgvariation = 0,
  minconstraints = {15,13,0},
  lvljump = 15,
  usability = 0,
  allotment_pmfpi = {900,0,100,0,0},
  uniquename = "set",
  specialuseonly = 0,
  bonusgroup0 = {671,1150,10,9,0},
  bonusgroup1 = {457,1250,10,9,0},
  bonusgroup2 = {418,1150,10,9,0},
  bonusgroup3 = {749,1000,10,9,0},
  bonusgroup4 = {751,1000,10,9,1},
  itemtypes = {2698,},
  wearergroups = {'WEARGROUP_CENTURIO',},
}
mgr.createBlueprint(1849, newBlueprint);

That's what it should look like. If you paste that in for the belt's blueprint and the bug still happens, then it's an error somewhere else in the file.

A Ninja can fight with every weapon. I think I wrote that she started bow shooting the first levels. Then exploding hits with a heavy hammer if I recall right.

The advantage of having no weapon skill is that your hit chance and attack speed is same for every weapon type. Except that no weapon and a shield does double-hits. But you need some good damage x-x rings for this. The poison modifier of death blow gives a fixed amount of damage for every weapon, same as the life leech. So with some runes into death blow and having reg per hit to counter this the no weapon/shield gets double the bonus because of double-hits. Even it has a lower base damage it isn't too worse once you get gold diff damage rings.

I wouldn't play a shield only build if I don't plan to play into plat or niob. Because you can use every weapon there is some variation in the playing: bow, shuriken/shield, longsword/shield, two-handers, shield only, ... Once astral focus has points you can even play with skeletons and raise minions while shooting with a bow and not being the main stream invisible necro.

The Ninja was planed to give long time fun playing so it reaches high levels and become the family smith.

Thanks for the detailed reply. ;)

I guess I misunderstood the concept of the Ninja build, I thought it would be like the weaponless Dryad when in fact it's more of a do-it-all kind of character. It's still a very interesting build to play from scratch though.

I managed to fool around with the Character Editor well enough to make level 75 blank characters with Niobium access, which start with the three basic sets (Download section ;)), and while they trail behind 75-111 in character-mob level they do start with three masteries and one near mastery (or not, depending on how you distribute the remaining points). I also managed to create dedicated shoppers for each class with said Editor which makes single player Bargaining available for such a Niobium starting character, which means that I can try out a Captain America shield-only build pronto with all the necessary jewellery that removes the need for weapons. Then the challenge is to stay alive and kill everyone else, ha ha. From what I experienced yesterday it seems feasible and I shall try it in depth, though I'll be honest and say that it will hardly be playable from level 1. That would require other means, like what the Ninja employs. ;)

It still happens...

You're not by any chance still checking with that same character whose items were nuked? Because the items on that save will be forever wiped.

Send me the bugged blueprint.txt. If there's an error there I'll find it.

The Kungfu Dryad was a test if weaponless could be done. The ultimate evolution of the idea is the Weaponmaster:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/18562-die-waffenmeisterin-the-female-weaponmaster/

Captain America was the test for a weaponless Shadow Warrior. I see the Ninja as its evolution. The Ninja can do all what the Captain America build can do but allows more ways to play it, weaponless is just one of them.

I think of the Waffenmeisterin/Weaponmaster as my best guide.

• Like! 1

Sorry for the late reply, I've had some personal issues to resolve and couldn't get back as soon as I'd like.

@Flix (cool avatar by the way) - No mate, I wasn't expecting for the socketed stuff to return. I'm posting a few photos of what happens so you can see for yourself. One thought that came to my mind several times was that somehow Notepad would change the encoding or some hidden special characters on save-exit, that would severely alter bluprint.txt to a breaking point. But I don't know... I'm sending you the new file though.

20161018233733_1_zpsulptz3md.jpg

20161018233826_1_zpsm6yhwr1s.jpg

20161018233830_1_zpsqbdei5qm.jpg

@Chattius - Ah right, so these were all base concepts that later on were further developed into full blown builds. Gotcha.

You do know your way around the game, especially in terms of math and all of that. You're quite the wizard here. ;)

• Like! 1

Got your e-mail, thanks.

...somehow Notepad would change the encoding...

Yes, that's exactly what happened. :) Your edited blueprint had the wrong encoding which caused for me the same results of your pics. I corrected the encoding and it worked just fine.

I recommend a proper text editor like Notepad++ for any changes to Sacred 2 scripts. It will preserve whatever encoding is in use by the file so you don't have to worry about double-checking.

Confirmed. ;)

20161019005017_1_zps03idyzfk.jpg

You mentioned you keep all the bugtracking confined to D2F, but do you keep a separate changelog that can be applied to vanilla I&B? Not sure what other types of bugs are out there but I'd probably be willing to take a look at the files.

You mentioned you keep all the bugtracking confined to D2F, but do you keep a separate changelog that can be applied to vanilla Ice and Blood? Not sure what other types of bugs are out there but I'd probably be willing to take a look at the files.

Ehhh, I wish I had kept better logs early on. I don't have any changelogs for Beta 1-5. But I did document a lot of what I did in the threads themselves. Most of it was restoring/activating creatures and items that were missing, incomplete, or had a "functional-but-technically-wrong" thing in their place.

I also ran a spell-check on the entirety of the decoded game texts (it took days), and squashed tons of typos.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a decent idea in regards to how my DM staff build will play out. I just took out the Griffin with my DM "Darth Maul" build. What makes the DM quite dangerous is how easy stun works with Gust of Wind. I have mine modded for Stun, Squall, and Impact. Stun won't work all the time, but with Gust of Wind plus Dragon Strike modded for Heat, Heat, and Fury on my DM staff build I imagine the Griffin may be quite quickly defeated. Once my DM staff build faces the Griffin and dragon mini boss in Gold difficulty, I'll have a better idea of the true power. The dragon mini boss for the DM will be a better gauge since it has better resistances.