How do you do bonusgroups in blueprint.txt?

Hi!

So, I'm making a set, and I'm starting to put the items into the blueprint.txt file. I understand the basics of how it works, but I'm not sure how the bonusgroups work. Can someone please explain?

Thanks! :D

• Like! 1
  • 1 year later...

Does the dmgvariation change the damage done by a weapon?  And if not, how do you change the damage done by a weapon?   And what does minconstraints do?    If I wanted an item to change from every 20 levels down to 10, would this impact it?   I tried just using lvljump but it still kept the old levels.   And I'm not new here, I just couldn't log into my purringcat account.  :)   

dmgvariation = 0,
  minconstraints = {10,13,0},

Edited by purringcat
1 hour ago, purringcats said:

Does the dmgvariation change the damage done by a weapon?  And if not, how do you change the damage done by a weapon?   And what does minconstraints do?    If I wanted an item to change from every 20 levels down to 10, would this impact it?   I tried just using lvljump but it still kept the old levels.   And I'm not new here, I just couldn't log into my purringcat account.  :)   

dmgvariation = 0,

Hi purringcats! if you pm me your old details I can merge the two accounts together for you to "reclaim" your old account.  

Welcome back to DarkMatters

:)

gogo

p.s. I remember a purringcats of yesteryear from Clan Da... :gogo:

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, purringcats said:

dmgvariation = 0,

first number is min. item level.  So the item won't start dropping til level 10.

second number sets item tier.  1-15.  13 is unique.

third number is min. difficulty where the item will drop.  0=bronze, 1=silver, and so on.

Boost to base item damage would be done according to item classification (defined in itemtype.txt).  The values would be increased/decreased in typification.txt.  You could also increase the base damage of the "material" the item is made from in material.txt.  Materials are assigned to each itemtype in iteminfo.txt.

I typically wouldn't go this route if I wanted to affect a single weapon.  I'd just add a flat damage bonus in the bonus list of the item's blueprint.

• Like! 1

Hi Gogo     I'm that purringcat from Clan Da and the login name is purringcat.   Nothing I tried worked to revive that account.   

It's nice to play Sacred 2 again... missed the game and all the people I played with.    

Thanks Flix  :)    I've enjoyed all your posts on making the game more fun.    Have an awesome level 2 trader now.  

• Like! 1
48 minutes ago, purringcat said:

Hi Gogo     I'm that purringcat from Clan Da and the login name is purringcat.   Nothing I tried worked to revive that account.   

It's nice to play Sacred 2 again... missed the game and all the people I played with.    

Thanks Flix  :)    I've enjoyed all your posts on making the game more fun.    Have an awesome level 2 trader now.  

Brao and welcome back! I've merged your two accounts, and send a email to the orignial email

If there's still a problem ( maybe with an old email associated to the old account you're not using anymore? )  can you please email me at gogoblender

at

gmail

and we'll do this together

:hugs:

gogo

6 hours ago, purringcat said:

Woot... so happy this merge worked... and happy to see you joined up with your old account...welcome back!

:sun:

gogo

• Like! 1

Thanks gogo... nice to be back :)

Is there an excel file showing all the bonus group codes ?   Czevak had a file that might have done that but it's no longer available for download.   It looks like there are some 900 of them :eek::cstars:

Edited by purringcat
9 hours ago, purringcat said:

Thanks gogo... nice to be back :)

Is there an excel file showing all the bonus group codes ?   Czevak had a file that might have done that but it's no longer available for download.   It looks like there are some 900 of them :eek::cstars:

Attached. ;)

It's not 100% complete, and some changes made since CM 1.40 aren't reflected, but it's mostly accurate.  The "for creatures" column is the bonus number, and the "for items" column lists the bonusgroup number.  Be sure to brush up on the difference if you're not sure which to reference.

Bonusliste_sortiert.zip

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Flix said:

Attached. ;)

It's not 100% complete, and some changes made since CM 1.40 aren't reflected, but it's mostly accurate.  The "for creatures" column is the bonus number, and the "for items" column lists the bonusgroup number.  Be sure to brush up on the difference if you're not sure which to reference.

Bonusliste_sortiert.zip

Thank you very much  :wow:     I have a list of codes and their meaning from postings here and the Blueprint file that will help in deciding which column to use.   I'm just going to tweak a few items.   

• 5 months later...

Hello guys,

Why I can't change everything in blueprint.txt ? 

If I change something like for example a rune "Weargroup_INQUISITOR" in "Weargroup_SERAPHIM" the game have a bug and enemy can"t damage me and I can't damage anything. No one in the game have still his weapon.

I have trying change lot of things in this folder but the same issue coming. I have trying to change in other folder like itemtype.txt in the same time like blueprint but same issue again

if I touch anithing in this folder all the game bug do you know why? 

Thanks

Best regards

On 2.5.2018 at 0:31 PM, Orgrimmar42 said:

Hello guys,

Why I can't change everything in blueprint.txt ? 

If I change something like for example a rune "Weargroup_INQUISITOR" in "Weargroup_SERAPHIM" the game have a bug and enemy can"t damage me and I can't damage anything. No one in the game have still his weapon.

I have trying change lot of things in this folder but the same issue coming. I have trying to change in other folder like itemtype.txt in the same time like blueprint but same issue again

if I touch anithing in this folder all the game bug do you know why? 

Thanks

Best regards

as said earlier, you are probably using the wrong editor?

I dont know

I did change something in blueprint once, and had to reinstall the game^^

• 3 weeks later...