Installing Sacred 2 Mods - help please

Bondbug

I doubt if this is a new topic, but I have searched, a fair bit if not comprehensively - sorry Gogo. You know the extent of my ignorance (not quite total). ;)

I am having another go at Sacred2, which I did not like when I first tried it. At level 6 (wow) I am beginning to get interested.

I have downloaded a Mod (zip file); I have downloaded and installed GME; Patch 1.5 is already installed.

The mod zip file contains a folder which contains a pak folder and a scripts folder. GME is installed in the Sacred2 folder as jsgme.exe. I don't know where the mod should be located or to what extent it should be unzipped.

Downloads -> zip -> folder -> pak, scripts

Sacred2 -> jsmge.exe, MODS folder

I have been unable to get the jsgme to recognise the existence of the mod. So what do I need to do to get a Mod to run? Is it the same general system for all mods?

I suspect that at usual I am making things difficult for myself that should be simple

• Like! 1

Hello!

Mods designed to be used with the mod enabler are designed to be extracted directly into the MODS folder (created by the mod enabler when you install it to the game's base installation folder).

So here's an example of the structure from my setup:

C:\Sacred 2 Gold\MODS\Enhanced Spells Mod 1.4

and within that folder are the "pak", "locale", and "scripts" folders. They're designed to mimic the structure of the game folders.

All that should be necessary is to extract the contents of the downloaded archive into the MODS folder. Assuming you have installed the mod enabler to the proper location.

I assume this is a mod I was involved in if it's for use with the Generic Mod Enabler. If there's a certain mod you're using that seems to have sub-par instructions I'm open to suggestions on rewriting install instructions. I never package "extra layers" of folders or anything like that.

I doubt if this is a new topic, but I have searched, a fair bit if not comprehensively - sorry Gogo. You know the extent of my ignorance (not quite total). ;)

I am having another go at Sacred2, which I did not like when I first tried it. At level 6 (wow) I am beginning to get interested.

I have downloaded a Mod (zip file); I have downloaded and installed GME; Patch 1.5 is already installed.

The mod zip file contains a folder which contains a pak folder and a scripts folder. GME is installed in the Sacred2 folder as jsgme.exe. I don't know where the mod should be located or to what extent it should be unzipped.

I have been unable to get the jsgme to recognise the existence of the mod. So what do I need to do to get a Mod to run? Is it the same general system for all mods?

I suspect that at usual I am making things difficult for myself that should be simple

Dang, we missed you bondbug...and still sportin that sharp Genuine-Made-By-Schot-Avatar as winsomely as ever!

How is wine and country life being to you friend?

:hugs:

gogo

Dang, we missed you bondbug...and still sportin that sharp Genuine-Made-By-Schot-Avatar as winsomely as ever!

How is wine and country life being to you friend?

:hugs:

gogo

The whine is the same as always lol, as we engage in a mutual whining session every day in LotRO.

:thumbs:

Thanks Flix. So I open the zip file and move the contents to the MODS folder. OK

And hello Gogo. I have looked in from time to time but mainly just to read! I would like to ask some more about modding in this game, but wife is shouting that meal is ready so will follow up later.

Do I have your permission to ignore Podgie ?;

• Like! 1

Thanks Flix. So I open the zip file and move the contents to the MODS folder. OK

And hello Gogo. I have looked in from time to time but mainly just to read! I would like to ask some more about modding in this game, but wife is shouting that meal is ready so will follow up later.

Why not? Everyone else does. :sob:

Didnt occur to me that this game is still running! How often are you guys playing? Is it Free to play or do you have to buy an initial install?

:)

gogo

Sorry Gogo, your ignorance astounds me.

LOTRO is fine, despite management attempts to sabotage the game content and original superb landscapes, and is quite unique. Podgie and I are determined to make the game live up to it's FTP claims. Podgie tries to be hardcore, but spends long spells crafting. I potter happily, though I am forced occasionally to kill some offensive persons or beasties. Would probably bore you to tears, but worth looking at just for the pleasure of the landscapes and to see what it has to offer other than pure hack'n.

The only other game that gave us the same breadth of interest was Vanguard, which sadly eventually fizzled and died.

What does this have to do with modding in Sacred 2. Er....good question.

Didnt occur to me that this game is still running! How often are you guys playing? Is it Free to play or do you have to buy an initial install?

:)

gogo

It is still running though has reduced from 30 servers to 5 US and 5 EU servers. It is F2P but you do really need to buy certain conveniences and expansions. You can however buy them from the ingame store with TP (Turbine Points) earned in game by completing deeds etc. It's free to download and the first 4 regions are free. Why not give it a try?

Back to the topic! Thanks Flix. It works now. The file did not quite install inthe right place, but the problem was easily found and put right. Thanks again.

• Like! 1