Shift Key during Combat

SevPOOTS

I noticed thay while in the combat state, whenever I press shift, my toon does some defensive/dodging animation.

I tried collecting some wolves and pressing shift nonstop actually helps in dodging auto attacks.

Or it's just me? My question is, is holding the shift key doing something or its just merely there for the sake of animation. Also, are there other keys that has an animation binded to it?

• Like! 1

At least in the german version when you look at the keysettings it reads shift does a boost to defense.

Umschalttaste

Verstärkung der Verteidigung Benutze die Umschalttaste ("Shift"), während Du angegriffen wirst, um die Schwere des gegnerischen Angriffs zu mindern.
  • Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I noticed thay while in the combat state, whenever I press shift, my toon does some defensive/dodging animation.

I tried collecting some wolves and pressing shift nonstop actually helps in dodging auto attacks.

Or it's just me? My question is, is holding the shift key doing something or its just merely there for the sake of animation. Also, are there other keys that has an animation binded to it?

Ahhh, I do remember this... doesn't it just put you into a def posture? I actually never checked stats to see if the toon trades out mobility at that point for a higher def value... Chattius, do you remember yer stats changing?

Boy, did Ascaron ever pack that first little game full

:D

gogo

Yeah definitely. This is true in Sacred 1 & 2 and yet I never remember to use it in combat! Hold shift and your character does a block animation and if you look at your character sheet your defense value will skyrocket.

• Like! 1

your defense value will skyrocket.

Do you know about how much ? This is interesting ^^ is it the defensive value or an evade?

gogo

Its the flat value of defence that your character has, but it does subsequently increase your chance to evade due to the role defence plays in the chance to evade calculation.

It's actually on one of the ingame tool-tips (6th one down here).

• Like! 1

your defense value will skyrocket.

Do you know about how much ? This is interesting ^^ is it the defensive value or an evade?

gogo

Its the flat value of defence that your character has, but it does subsequently increase your chance to evade due to the role defence plays in the chance to evade calculation.

It's actually on one of the ingame tool-tips (6th one down here).

Great link to the Tool tip picture link tip in the Wiki DB!

:)

gogo