Getting started on PC - Need some help :)

Hello!

I'm new in this forum, I've already read a lot of content here, and I've to thank you all for your amazing job

I'm a sacred 2 PS3 Player, I've been playing episodically since the release on PS3 (2009), mainly in coop mode, never went that far in the game (max level 70). But still, have something like 200+ hours well spent in this wonderful game!

WIth a friend of mine we used to play sacred 2 we finally decided to switch to PC version to finally benefit to the full content of this game.

Sadly, I've to say the transition if really really rough...

Therefore, I came here with the hope of some help!

We both play on W10, the game runs, still:

Firstly, the main problem is that I can not read anything written within the game, the font and the text size are tiny and "fly paws" (French idiom). In addition we can't manage skill and stuff, because we simply can't see or read anything..

Secondly, can you confirm that it is not possible to play online anymore? I've read we've to play under Hamachi(?) in order to coop, but I've never use such a thing... So I don't really understand what is going on there.

This is truly our 2 main issues.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Toubib

Welcome aboard!

The official game servers are gone, but you can still use Hamachi or Tunngle to play over the Internet. I've never used either, but I've heard that Tunngle is easier to use.

Toubib, welcome! If you are playing Sacred 2 Gold you may want to try installing the Community Patch 150. I have found that it fixes many issues including the text display, especially on the menu. You may also want to check for any updates for your graphics card and Microsoft NET framework. Let us know if you have any other issues or questions. Oh, and do have fun!

Hello and ty!

So far here is what I've done to improve my game:

1. Instal community patch

2. Change fonts and set some options in order to have the text as readable as possible, that's still far from perfect.

3. Instal Enhanceed spell MOD, after 7 years on PS3, it's a breath of fresh air.
4. Edit the balance.txt . Personnaly I've incrased the HP and DMG of enemies, and increased just a bit the xp. Like +30% HP, +15% dmg, +25% XP. I didn't try it yet, but I hope it will make the game a bit more difficult. Incrased speed aswell +15%.
It's a real pleasure to edit this balance.txt, as far as it stay balanced :)

I'm quit sad I can't improve the text it self or UI size more, but I'll be fine.

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...