Merry Christmas 2016

SACRED2_art_seraphim_SeasonsGreetings.jp

I'll be traveling a lot this month so I wanted to pop in and say:

Season's Greetings DarkMatters! Have happy holidays and enjoy yourselves.

Flix, thanks for this wicked Christmas Card Celebratory post... Happy Christmas mate...where will you be off to? I just got in from the states, a whirlwind five days...I just have to close me eyes for a few hours, but ill be back and spam this thread with videos

:D

gogo

Flix, thanks for this wicked Christmas Card Celebratory post... Happy Christmas mate...where will you be off to? I just got in from the states, a whirlwind five days...I just have to close me eyes for a few hours, but ill be back and spam this thread with videos

gogo

No Gogo please! Have mercy on us, after all it is Christmas!

:4rofl:

• Like! 1

Frohe Weihnachten, Merry Christmas, ...

12:30, just closed the forest for seeling x-mas trees. Time for a quick lunch, then there is kids x-mas theatre at 4pm and the twins play roles, then the village meets at the big x-mas tree at the central place, ...

• Like! 1

gogo

No Gogo please! Have mercy on us, after all it is Christmas!

hahahah ... Ta Dah... there's no escaping Folks!

gogo

ps. I have more... hmmm... :devil:

Happy holidays to all those who celebrate. Best wishes to everyone.

Happy Christmas Veracious, hope yer in for the holidays enjoying the tv shows ...though this is the down season ain't it

:lol:

gogo

First x-mas without SIF :mellow:

But merry x-mas to all.

We're still here Tornado, and we do love to talk Game...

I like to think that as we have some of the biggest posters from the SIF *cough cough*, a lot of the game's heart was and still resides here...

I think we're all lucky to have had such a phenomenon to us as gamers, pretty sure that nothing like this has happened with late console gaming yet? My cousin's a big Xbox player, and he buys loads of stuff, and gets bored of them quickly..

We're still here

:hugs:

gogo

Frohe Weihnachten, Merry Christmas, ...

12:30, just closed the forest for seeling x-mas trees. Time for a quick lunch, then there is kids x-mas theatre at 4pm and the twins play roles, then the village meets at the big x-mas tree at the central place, ...

I love reading your stories Chattius, I remember the early days of life with your twins, and can't believe how much they're already grown up since the years here. Thanks for the christmas wishes, and am lolling a little with your words "have closed the forest for selling Xmas trees..."

This lovely world we live in..

:gogo:

gogo

Happy Christmas Veracious, hope yer in for the holidays enjoying the tv shows ...though this is the down season ain't it

gogo

Actually funny you mention that. I am binge watching the Shannara Chronicles. It's actually pretty good. Based on the shannara novels. I think by Terry Brooks. Its been a while.

Yes! Terry Brooks has been my favorite author for over thirty years, and I have every book in the Shannara series minus Allanon's quest. I have mixed feelings on the tv show, but I enjoyed it overall. In fact, I owe most of my career to the Shannara series; my blacksmithing started out as just wanting to forge my own version of the sword, woodworking started out as wanting to copy Allanon's staff, and gemology started out with me buying a tumbler because I wanted to reproduce the six types of elfstones. The Shannara series has influenced so many aspects of my personal and professional career, I owe a lot to Mr. Brooks.

• Like! 1

Yes! Terry Brooks has been my favorite author for over thirty years, and I have every book in the Shannara series minus Allanon's quest. I have mixed feelings on the tv show, but I enjoyed it overall. In fact, I owe most of my career to the Shannara series; my blacksmithing started out as just wanting to forge my own version of the sword, woodworking started out as wanting to copy Allanon's staff, and gemology started out with me buying a tumbler because I wanted to reproduce the six types of elfstones. The Shannara series has influenced so many aspects of my personal and professional career, I owe a lot to Mr. Brooks.

I didn't read that particular series but I did start the Landover series. I believe I read that first three. But alas I was a teen and so easily distracted and at the time not very passionate about reading like I was later in life. I should really get back to those books. I loved that kingdom.

It wasn't until I was twenty five that I got fully engulfed in reading. It was the Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weissman et al (can't recall the other). Nine books I believe. Amazing series about magic and assassins and dragons and multiple dimensions (which is actually integral to the story).

Then was Anne Bishop's black jewels trilogy. My favorite of all time. Wish it was still going.

Merry Christmas everyone. No white Christmas here, we had the 5th warmest Christmas ever recorded, and the warmest since 1970.

lol, Lujate you always kill me when your hot weather reports.. at least you have great wine glasses to make ostentatious gestures in hopes of warding off the heat

gogo

gogo

Actually funny you mention that. I am binge watching the Shannara Chronicles. It's actually pretty good. Based on the shannara novels. I think by Terry Brooks. Its been a while.

I didnt even know this had been done! I've read everything, well, at least for a while by this author...soemone I know had told me when I was a kid that this author was more "accessible" for reading than Tolkien...and I found they were right... plots moved faster, didnt get bogged down in too much emo and moral quagmires...just the great exciting read I was looking for in my teens...

is this series on hbo?

:)

gogo

Not to be contrarian, but wasn't a big fan of MTV's interpretation of the Shannara series. I wasn't expecting too much seeing as MTV was doing it. A lot of teen angst, and while that is not a deal-breaker for me (l do enjoy the Hunger Games and Divergent movies), I just felt it was out of place for me.

I did watch all of season 1 so I guess I did enjoy it enough, but just not what I envisioned Shannara to be.

• Like! 1

gogo

I didnt even know this had been done! I've read everything, well, at least for a while by this author...soemone I know had told me when I was a kid that this author was more "accessible" for reading than Tolkien...and I found they were right... plots moved faster, didnt get bogged down in too much emo and moral quagmires...just the great exciting read I was looking for in my teens...

is this series on hbo?

gogo

It was on mtv and now season one is on Netflix. Season two scheduled for spring. I am also a fan of fast moving stories with less filler wasted on environmental description and such.

Anne bishop is like that. Kim Harrison wrote the hollows series that way. Patricia Briggs similar. I wrote a few above I believe also. Or maybe another post.

being off during Christmas, but hope you enjoy the days (and survived ;) ). So Merry Christmas afterwards to you all and (because I will be off until next year) a happy new year!

Thanks for the wishes, Dorimil, remember to come back and visit after your holidays...hopefully somewhere warm?

Happy new year friend!

gogo