Any mod which reduced the fog even more?

I download the less FOG mod but to my opinion it's still not enough. Is there a mod which removes all the fog or removes it even more? I wanne see in the distance more than this.

Edited: It seems the mod doesn't work for me and that's the problem probably. I installed as instructions told me to, got the MODS folder in my Sacred 2 Gold folder where the mod is extracted. It's also enabled with JSGME but no difference ingame (Steam version).

Any clue how to solve this? Would be much appreciated,

Carda

Edited2: I manually replaced the dds files from graphics01.zip with the dds files from the mod. Now works like a charm.

Edited by KeesKonings
  • Like! 1

For future reference, if you want to manually install a mod that uses the "pak" folder, you can just copy the loose folders into that directory. You don't have to go into the zip files and actually overwrite the files there. In fact this is a bad idea because it makes uninstall difficult or impossible if you didn't back up the originals.

If it's not working with the mod enabler then my experience 100% of the time is that the directories are wrong.

It also may be that you didn't create a folder named "Sacred 2 Fog Mod" and then insert the zip file into it. Then is when you would have, with the right mouse button, selected from the dropdown "unzip here" inside the folder. Then you would use the GME in order to activate the mod.

I thought that I would address KeesKoning's original question as others may wish to know. The fog was only reduced by the Fog Mod to a certain degree because one would see grey space in the background otherwise. Flix brilliantly tweaked and fine tuned it quite well so that the "pop-in" of structures was minimized. It's explained in more detail in this thread: Nvidia Fog Problem Solution.

Also, just to be clear for others who may wish to employ it, when installing the fog reduction mod one must (for it to work) be certain that you have the GME properly installed inside the Sacred 2 folder which should have, upon proper installation, placed a "MODS" folder in the that same folder. The Reduced Fog Mod zip file should be placed inside the MODS folder and then one should right click on said zip file and select "zip here." A folder "Reduced Fog Mod" will be created inside the MODS folder. The mod may then be selected by highlighting it with the GME and then activated. If these instructions are followed carefully, the effects of the mod should be seen the next time the game is played.

• Like! 1

^ This should be true for any mod packaged to be used with the Generic Mod Enabler. This is what the instructions mean when they say "extract the contents of this archive into the MODS folder created by the GME." Whether you move the zip file into the MODS folder and unzip it there, or simply open the archive and drag the contents into the MODS folder, it doesn't matter. Just make sure you're not creating/adding any folders to the structure.

It also helps to make sure the Generic Mod Enabler is installed in the right place to begin with. The instructions on mods will typically say "install the GME in the root folder". This is the base installation folder for the game.

For Steam it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold

For GOG it can be as simple as: C:\Sacred 2 Gold

Finally, removing the fog completely actually results in a total black void beyond the edge of what the game renders. I may add a "no fog" version just to show people who want more fog removed that the mod is pretty much at the limit of what makes visual sense already.

• Like! 1