Sacred 2 Gold Edition - missing splash screen

hello

yesterday I've reinstalled Sacred 2 Gold edition from the humble store (I have always installed from there)

but I am missing the splash screen with the loading info and the funny random quotes

instead there is a black screen for a few seconds, and then there are the ASCARON and other screens

the menu loads fine and the game too but I'm missing this screen and even though it isn't such a big problem I still liked reading the quotes as they were always different

any idea what happened and how to fix it?

• Like! 1

hello

yesterday I've reinstalled Sacred 2 Gold edition from the humble store (I have always installed from there)

but I am missing the splash screen with the loading info and the funny random quotes

instead there is a black screen for a few seconds, and then there are the ASCARON and other screens

the menu loads fine and the game too but I'm missing this screen and even though it isn't such a big problem I still liked reading the quotes as they were always different

any idea what happened and how to fix it?

Hi John, and welcome to DarkMatters! I'm bumping up your topic, hoping someone here in the community will have some info and be able to help you... oh boy do I remember those silly message days... when Sacred original came out, there were just tons of bugs...they eventually had to edit the silly messages because some of them were found to be offensive the community as they were so frustrated with the game and thought the devs were making a mockery of it

:lol:

gogo

Maybe your computer is so fast that it just skips that screen? :D

Is this same computer that you had played Sacred 2 on in the past? If it's a new computer it truly may be that it just loads everything so fast that the splash screen just zooms on by.

• Like! 1

bump

so can someone actually suggest anything useful, or is this forum a waste of my time?

Not everyone knows the solution to every problem. If you can't find any topics addressing the issue, chances are nobody else can either and it's not something with an obvious fix. It's not like people are ignoring you. Those of us who don't know the answer aren't going to speculate day after day.

• Like! 1

hello and thank you for your suggestions

however I'm still running XP therefore I have neither options available in the game's properties

however checking the Run in 256 colors or something like that makes the silly messages screen reappear

but of course I'm not gonna run it in 256 colors because it's buggy and ugly

could you suggest me some options files which I could look into, and perhaps find something and edit it?

Did you try disabling the intro videos like he said? I've always had them disabled so it never occurred to me they might play over the loading screen.

What I do is open options.txt and find the setting "videos = 1," and change the value to 0.

Options.txt is located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

May need to enable "show hidden files and folders".

I really think it's a loading problem. Personnaly I would try to clean my pc (uninstalling programs/games/... I don' use anymore, cleaning unnecessary files and defragment your hard drive to give a boost to your pc (it can't hurt anyway). I would have say your pc is getting a little bit old but apparently you already played the game on it with the splash screen, so.. I don't know, sorry.

John, are you running the Sacred 2 Gold version and do you have the Community Patch 150 installed? I had some similar issues until I installed it.

I can respect that, as I played the vanilla Sacred 2 (from the boxed discs) for years. I never had any such issues with it. I hope someone has an idea that will help, perhaps someone who is playing the same version and set up may. Best wishes.

• Like! 1