Why there are only a few Sacred mods existing, the answer

Another thing: I saw someone mentioning that the modding tools didnt work because of missing ocx files.

The solution is to install the Visual Basic 6.0 Runtime Redistributables. Just seach for them on google, you should find a download easily.

Edited by Thorium

Interesting insight you give here Thorium.

It's definitely a shame that Ascaron were not more open to allowing users to mod Sacred 1 or even 2 as we can see how much interest in the game was generated by the modding done by the CM patch team and later on flix and all other contributors of mods here. Fortunately, Sacred 2 has appears to have been easier to develop new content for than the original game.

• Like! 1

There are also some other skilled persons out there that did the same mistake as me, they didnt go international. Someone else made another unoffical patch. However he was not german and not from a english speaking country. Unfortunalty I can't tell you more then the pure fact that it exists somewere out there. I dont even know what the fixes are.

Actualy, I found it: https://vk.com/club21089257

It's russian.

• 4 months later...

Another thing: I saw someone mentioning that the modding tools didnt work because of missing ocx files.

The solution is to install the Visual Basic 6.0 Runtime Redistributables. Just seach for them on google, you should find a download easily.

Hello! Help me plz in developing Sacred Char modifer Relaoded. (New interface)

Conact me plz

I'am developing on c#

• 4 weeks later...

When a title informs you that the uninstall process involves: the game's developer shall receive a notice about said uninstall AND the amount of uninstalls at some point will cause a need to contact the devs for permission to reinstall it....is a clue to how much of the game's code is purposely constructed to preclude modding or changing it.  Sacred 2 is the only title that I have ever seen these features incorporated and I am a 'senior citizen' who has been an avid gamer since Dungeons and Dragons was a theme for a week-end get together.  Diablo I and Arena pulled me away from console gaming to PC, way back then.

• Like! 1