Any way to re-bind the Alt key

Hello all,

Was just curious if there was anyway to re-bind the Alt key for showing loot or if maybe there is some hidden always show loot option I'm missing. Reason I ask is because I use the right side of my keyboard and having to reach over to use the Left Alt is tough.

Just curious if anyone found a way to change this (mod or not).

Thanks for any assistance.

• Like! 1

Thanks for the info. I tried it but it didn't work, in fact odd but that keybind didn't seem to do anything in game when I bound it to another key, the ALT key I think is actually a different value in Sacred. If you look in the keycodes.txt file in the "Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\scripts\client" folder it lists the following for the ALT key

-- preliminary keycodes for sacred2
Key = {
CTRL = 1024,
ALT = 2048,
SHIFT = 4096,
I searched high and low in Options.txt for 2048 and wasn't able to find it. Which I'm kind of wondering if it may be hard coded and cannot be changed.
Edited by Demonasius

Thanks for the info. I tried it but it didn't work, in fact odd but that keybind didn't seem to do anything in game when I bound it to another key, the ALT key I think is actually a different value in Sacred. If you look in the keycodes.txt file in the "Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\scripts\client" folder it lists the following for the ALT key

-- preliminary keycodes for sacred2
Key = {
CTRL = 1024,
ALT = 2048,
SHIFT = 4096,
I searched high and low in Options.txt for 2048 and wasn't able to find it. Which I'm kind of wondering if it may be hard coded and cannot be changed.

Ah, sounds like I was way off with the keycodes then, sorry.

Hello all,

Was just curious if there was anyway to re-bind the Alt key for showing loot or if maybe there is some hidden always show loot option I'm missing. Reason I ask is because I use the right side of my keyboard and having to reach over to use the Left Alt is tough.

Just curious if anyone found a way to change this (mod or not).

Thanks for any assistance.

I'm happy you found our little Sacred Community, Demonasius

welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

I actually always wanted the option to change this particular key binding as well. Too bad we still don't have any easy workaround to change alt to another key for this. I guess there's Auto Hotkey to deal with it, but I really never wanted to have to install that to change just one key binding (albeit a very important one).

Ah well, finally installed Autohotkey. I only run it right before starting Sacred 2, then shut it back down after I'm done playing. Easy enough. If anyone else installs Autohotkey for this, just make a script in notepad and name it Sacred2Alt.ahk and leave it on your desktop. Then just open the file before starting Sacred 2 and it will work if you have Autohotkey installed. Put only this in the script:

; AutoHotkey

; swap alt and Lshift

Lshift::Alt

Alt::Lshift

I couldn't find any other way to do this, but at least this only has to run while you're in game.

Edited by Zallk
  • Like! 1

Decided I wanted to keep normal shift functionality for follower orders and things, so went with F instead since I don't need to type that letter:

; AutoHotkey

; swap alt and f

f::Alt

Alt::f