Notes on various txt files

This must be THE most amazing mod I´ve ever seen to Sacred 2. That said there is a minor things that bugs me, namely the annoying sounds from active buffs. Now I´ve managed to find and deactivate the Shadowed Veil buff sound for Sacred 2 in the soundprofile.txt, and now I wonder how to turn off the sound for the Amazon Inner Sight buff. I´ve looked in the txt, but as most names are in german, I´ve no idea what that buff is called. Any1 have a clue? Is it actually the same as Cleansing Brilliance buff, and in that case, what´s it called in the soundprofile.txt?

Btw, the animation for Inner Sight looks like the one for the high elf´s Grand Invigoration buff. Is it the same?

OK, problem solved. The Inner Sight is based on Grand Invigoration. Once I´ve set that sound to zero, the Inner Sight also became quiet. Look for:

newProfile = {
    profilename  = "FX Highelf Regenerationskraft",
    fx         = 174,
    mindistancefactor = 80,
    maxdistancefactor = 100,
    event1 = { event = "FX_CAST", resource = 2353 };
    event2 = { event = "FX_STAGE0", resource = 2354 };

Set the numbers 2353 & 2354 to 0 (zero) and that´s about it, no more annoying sound from Inner Sight buff.

Edited by ric7202
  • Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 2/5/2017 at 1:37 PM, Flix said:

Here's a few more unused or non-functioning spell tokens. I re-purposed all of these for the Diablo mod and replaced their values. A modder has to do this since the game won't accept new tokens added to the bottom of the list.

"et_chance_dismount"

"et_RangeOfSight"

"et_range_aggro"

"et_dotdamping_any"

"et_debuff_strangle"

"et_provo_area"

"et_provo_target"

For example, this is the new definition:

mgr.addTokenBonus( {"et_provo_target", 906 }) -- 906 = bb_chance_block_CC

I replaced the original number with "906" which is Block Chance: Close Combat value in blueprint.txt. Now "et_provo_target" adds that block chance when added to a buff.

"et_call_target" and "et_minion_blame" use the same bonus. I think one of them can be replaced with the other, freeing one more token.

On the other hand, "et_call_target" might be hardcoded to only work with the target of the spell (which would make me wonder what happens if the spellcontroltype is set to something targetless, like "eCAtype_a_effect_cone" or smth like that) while "et_minion_blame" might be hardcoded to only work with the minion created by inexorable subjugation, or with all minions you currently have.

Further testing is required.

Also there might be more tokens which use the same bonus. Will edit this post if I find more.

On 2/5/2017 at 12:37 PM, dimitrius154 said:

some token bonuses, like "et_shield_none", are not defined at the end of the file, but still are hardcoded and can be assigned properties.

Do you have a full list?

5 hours ago, Lindor said:

On the other hand, "et_call_target" might be hardcoded to only work with the target of the spell (which would make me wonder what happens if the spellcontroltype is set to something targetless, like "eCAtype_a_effect_cone" or smth like that) while "et_minion_blame" might be hardcoded to only work with the minion created by inexorable subjugation, or with all minions you currently have.

That's right, it seems harmless but there are sometimes hardcoded calls to specific spell token names, regardless of the bonus assigned to them. I would feel uneasy making that change.

There are 3 (!) different slow debuffs defined in spells.txt:

et_debuff_movespeed
et_debuff_movespeed_st
et_slow_enemy_any

Also there is bb_reduce_speed_walk, a duplicate of bb_debuff_movespeed which is used for the former two tokens. The duplicate is not used anywhere.

The latter token uses DEBUFF_ATTACKWALKSPEED, the former two DEBUFF_WALKSPEED.

et_minion_fighttime is a duplicate of et_minion_lifetime and unused in spells.txt.

I might script a tool which automatically finds duplicates and unused tokens in spells.txt. Will probably be distributed together with my blueprint.txt mechanics overhaul.

EDIT: et_shrink_a_head and et_drop_a_head are duplicates as well

Edited by Lindor
37 minutes ago, Lindor said:

et_minion_fighttime is a duplicate of et_minion_lifetime and unused in spells.txt.

Keep in mind, that some tokens are used by spell functions via hard-coded references. 

• Thanks! 1
8 hours ago, Lindor said:

I might script a tool which automatically finds duplicates and unused tokens in spells.txt. Will probably be distributed together with my blueprint.txt mechanics overhaul.

The tool has been set up and successfully tested. Results for my mod's spells.txt (which is mostly EE spells.txt when it comes to tokens):

Spoiler

TOKEN DUPLICATES:
521: et_drop_a_head, et_shrink_a_head, 
270: et_minion_blame, et_call_target, 
97: et_summon_longsword, et_weapondamage_physical, et_itemdam_phy, et_minion_wdam_phy, 
131: et_baseAW_timed, et_baseAW, 
132: et_AWboost_rel, et_AW_rel, 
396: et_chance_fear_aura, et_chance_fear, 
398: et_chance_surehit, et_item_chance_surehit, 
144: et_damage_areasplash, et_chance_areasplash, 
149: et_summon_towershield, et_baseVW_timed, et_baseVW, 
151: et_minion_attackspeed, et_addAttackspeed, et_minion_attackspeed_timed, 
409: et_shieldstrength, et_shieldstrength_timed, 
419: et_missile_adapt, et_cone_adapt, 
426: et_debuff_movespeed_st, et_debuff_movespeed, 
172: et_VWboost_rel, et_VW_rel, 
176: et_AWVW_rel, et_minion_AWVW_rel, 
180: et_wounded_rage, et_wounded_rage_ut, 
188: et_chance_piercing, et_item_chance_piercing, 
190: et_minion_fighttime, et_minion_lifetime, 
191: et_summon_armor, et_minion_armor_all, 
193: et_invisible_ex, et_invisible, 
223: et_damping_any_st, et_damping_any, 
163: et_range_aggro, et_range_area, et_range_near, 
54: et_debuff_prone_fir, et_self_prone_fir, 

UNUSED TOKENS
et_CC_AWboost_rel
et_RangeOfSight
et_addSpeed
et_chance_dismount
et_chance_fear_aura
et_chance_forcedown
et_chance_knockdown
et_chance_loot
et_damage_effect_rel
et_debuff_armor_fir
et_debuff_strangle
et_dotdamping_any
et_duration_maxboost
et_empathic_damage
et_essence_spelldam_mag
et_force_CC
et_invert_armor
et_invisible_ex
et_life_heal_mend
et_lower_armor
et_minion_boost
et_minion_fighttime
et_ontrigger_freeze
et_provo_area
et_provo_target
et_range_aggro
et_range_midrange
et_range_target
et_reduce_armor
et_shield_none
et_spiritrun
et_spiritwalk
et_summon_armor
et_weapondamage_magic
et_wounded_rage_ut

future version will export the bonus type and spez's together with the ID. Actually bonus name generation will depend on type and spez's, so I can just export the name with it.

Edited by Lindor