Sacred 2 Gold keeps crashing / CM Patch 1.50 installed

Hey there folks,

I'm so sad I love Sacred from the bottom of my heart xD, but I can't play longer than 20 - 30 min without a crash afterwords. I tried a lot read so many posts on steam, here and other forums.

I own retail version and steam version both versions crash but retail does crash faster I think its because of the elite textures turned on.

My rig is Win 10 Pro 64bit, i5-4570, 16 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1070 graphics drivers are up to date.

Running Sacred in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.

In game settings are textures normal on steam version, other settings on highest, no AA ecept FXAA from NVidia Panel and ingame physX are enabled I know I could deactivate physX but for me its better with physX.

I tried to use MemCleaner and it let me play longer than usual but crashed again after one hour.
Consumed mem from Sacred 2 with enabled MemCleaner was aprox 500-650MB RAM

I start sacred with parameters -skipopenal -nocpubinding

My Sacred 2 Gold version is the latest with CM Patch 1.50 and I also reinstalled PhysX drivers but without PhysX legacy drivers sacred 2 wont start.

I edited my options.txt and changed the mem values to 0 but that didn't help either.

Are there any other suggestions to enjoy this masterpiece of game without any or few crashes?

EDIT:

Ooops sry wrong sub forum :( can you guys move my thread to the correct subforum?

Thank you.

Edited by djwest
  • Like! 1

Welcome :bye::yay::drinks: djwest :drinks::yay::bye:

This is my configuration and my game don't crash. I made this my own

1. Right click on "Troubleshoot Compatibility" ---> "Try Recommanded Settings" ---> "Test The Program" --->"Yes, save this settings for this program" ---> "Close"

And:

2. Right Click on shortcut "Properties" ---> "Compatibility" check "Run as administrator and Windows Vista" ---> "Security" ---> "Edit" and there select for each Group select "Allow"

3. Right Click on shortcut and add this to "Target" ---> "-skipopenal -nocpubinding"

This is my settings and work great on Windows 10

• Like! 1

Hey there folks,

I'm so sad I love Sacred from the bottom of my heart xD, but I can't play longer than 20 - 30 min without a crash afterwords. I tried a lot read so many posts on steam, here and other forums.

I own retail version and steam version both versions crash but retail does crash faster I think its because of the elite textures turned on.

My rig is Win 10 Pro 64bit, i5-4570, 16 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1070 graphics drivers are up to date.

Running Sacred in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.

In game settings are textures normal on steam version, other settings on highest, no AA ecept FXAA from NVidia Panel and ingame physX are enabled I know I could deactivate physX but for me its better with physX.

I tried to use MemCleaner and it let me play longer than usual but crashed again after one hour.

Consumed mem from Sacred 2 with enabled MemCleaner was aprox 500-650MB RAM

I start sacred with parameters -skipopenal -nocpubinding

My Sacred 2 Gold version is the latest with CM Patch 1.50 and I also reinstalled PhysX drivers but without PhysX legacy drivers sacred 2 wont start.

I edited my options.txt and changed the mem values to 0 but that didn't help either.

Are there any other suggestions to enjoy this masterpiece of game without any or few crashes?

EDIT:

Ooops sry wrong sub forum :( can you guys move my thread to the correct subforum?

Thank you.

Hi djwest, happy you found our little community, welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo